PDA

View Full Version : So. Done.

ThreeofUs
01-22-2009, 03:02 PM
There are some days I really question my sanity in choosing to be a SAHM. Today is one of those days.

DS1 started the day at 1:30 am - after I had finally gotten DS2 to sleep at 11:30 - by coming in and saying, 'Daddy, I want to tell you something so you can stay asleep.' LOL

DS2, who must be going through his 4-month growth spurt a little early, has been nursing about every 2 hours at night and trying to sleep until 11. This means I get little sleep and nothing done in the mornings.

DS1 was given donuts at preschool - and excuse me but what kind of a snack is *that*?! - and so has had lovely behavior ever since I picked him up. And because DH has been letting DS1 get away with it, I have a 4 yo who is telling me "No" when I ask him to do something. So I get to (1) deal with behaviors caused or allowed by someone else and (2) be the "mean mommy" when I do so. Love it. Just LOVE it.

And so on.

I'm just so annoyed and at the end of my rope that I feel like I'm working on raw emotion.

At this point, I'm done, I've had it, and I just can't take any more.

Where's that sippy cup. I need some wine. Now.

Clarity
01-22-2009, 03:45 PM
Oh, Ivy...I'm so sorry it's been rough and I'm even more sorry that your post made me feel so much better. I'm not alone, you see!
Dh and I have decided 2 is HARD! Especially with little help from a family network. I reached "done" the other day when I got the car stuck in the driveway. (I am so sick of this snow!) DD2 was in the car as we were on our way to daycare to start transitioning for when I return to work. I called my dh at work sobbing. LOL Right now, I'd give nearly anything to SAH just a little bit longer.
Hope it gets better!

clb
01-22-2009, 03:45 PM
I have my share of these days too.:hug:
Here's hoping your DS's take a nap and let you rest for a little.

happymomma
01-22-2009, 04:24 PM
I have my share of these days too.:hug:
Here's hoping your DS's take a nap and let you rest for a little.

:yeahthat:

MamaMolly
01-22-2009, 05:29 PM
Here ya go :54:

My SAHM OMG why am I doing this again?!?! day was Tuesday. Four days of 24-7 togetherness with DH and DD and I was ready to smack them both.

This is why God invented pedicures. And wine. And twisty straws. Big hug!

gatorsmom
01-22-2009, 05:39 PM
Ivy,
I'm so sorry you are suffering. You rarely utilize the bp (unlike some of us-meaning myself- who are constantly whining), so I KNOW you must be having a really tough time.

Big hugs. and delicious red wine vibes being sent to you.....

shawnandangel
01-22-2009, 06:57 PM
:hugs: I have only been SAHM for 3 monthes and I already question my sanity. My hat's off to you for keeping yours for so long!

tmonroe
01-22-2009, 07:02 PM
This most be an off week for SAHM because I felt that way too. It has not been an easy week.

maestramommy
01-22-2009, 09:26 PM
:hug::hug: Last week was my I.am.done week. I emailed Dh in tears and asked him NOT to be late. So I am totally with you.

DrSally
01-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Oh boy, one of those days. I totally understand. My cousin used to take a weekend "vacation" by checking into a hotel. I wish I had the nerve to do that. I think I would feel too guilty. The waking up every 2 hours really makes it so much worse. We've been going through that too recently. This weekend see if DH will get up with the kids in the morning and let you get a solid couple hours of sleep in peace in the morning. That can really help.

MontrealMum
01-22-2009, 10:20 PM
I'm so sorry you're having a hard time Ivy (((hugs))) If I could bring you some wine and cookie dough (because that's what you need when you're having a really bad day!) I would do it ... :hug:

amldaley
01-23-2009, 09:30 AM
:hug: to you...and for that matter, :hug: to all of us...I hate to say this b/c I wouldn't wish that kind of day on you, but it is a relief to know I am not the only one who has those days!!! Hope it's getting better!

ThreeofUs
01-23-2009, 02:06 PM
Thanks, everyone! So good to know I'm not alone - and I certainly appreciate the virtual wine and cookie dough. Goodness knows I NEEDED it yesterday.

May we all have an excellent day (today, this week, or even in 2009) to compensate. :)