PDA

View Full Version : NO DH That is Not Coming Home Early

belovedgandp
01-22-2009, 03:05 PM
Ugh, I am living some kind of diseased house the past few days. DH never travels, but was gone from very early Monday until very late Wednesday. So it's been me and one very snotty, grumpy 18 month and his 5 year old brother for three days.

4 am today I now have a snotty, grumpy and puking 18 month old. And a 5 year old with 104. Plus I have congestion in my chest and a horrible sinus headache.

DH leaves this morning for work with us in a state. Everyone up (over two hours early for the 5 year old) and none of us looking good. He was a little too happy to be going to the office. The day has not improved in the past 6 hours, so I call and ask him to please try to come home early. He THINKS he can make it by 5:15. Great, but come on, his normal time is 5:45 to 6:00.

happymomma
01-22-2009, 04:23 PM
Oh man, that is hard. It's hard when the kids are sick but it's impossible when you are sick also. Just hang in there. Only a little over 2 hours left. It's times like this when I put the tv on for the kids. It helps with the whining. ;)

gatorsmom
01-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Ugh, I am living some kind of diseased house the past few days. DH never travels, but was gone from very early Monday until very late Wednesday. So it's been me and one very snotty, grumpy 18 month and his 5 year old brother for three days.

4 am today I now have a snotty, grumpy and puking 18 month old. And a 5 year old with 104. Plus I have congestion in my chest and a horrible sinus headache.

DH leaves this morning for work with us in a state. Everyone up (over two hours early for the 5 year old) and none of us looking good. He was a little too happy to be going to the office. The day has not improved in the past 6 hours, so I call and ask him to please try to come home early. He THINKS he can make it by 5:15. Great, but come on, his normal time is 5:45 to 6:00.

OH, yeah, 2+ sick kids is really hard, but absolutely impossible when mom is sick. The TV is your best friend today. Indulge without guilt.