View Full Version : best stroller option for week at wdw

changster
01-22-2009, 03:49 PM
I have a 3 year old and an 11 month old. The three year old
Will want to get up a walk some I'm sure. Would you take
A maclaren twin or two mac Volos?

jjordan
01-22-2009, 11:11 PM
I'd probably do two volos. How big is the 11 month old? Is it do-able to sling him/her (or use a carrier) some/most of the time? We just got back from Disney with an almost 3 yo and a 6 month old. We ended up taking just one stroller in most days and slinging the 6 month old since that was easier than taking him in/out of the stroller all the time. I was very glad that we had brought two singles rather than a double.

Jill

egoldber
01-23-2009, 03:51 PM
My concern would be that a Volo would not be comfy enough for all day at WDW for either kid. I would expect even the 3 year old to sleep in the stroller some days.

lorinick
01-23-2009, 03:59 PM
My concern would be that a Volo would not be comfy enough for all day at WDW for either kid. I would expect even the 3 year old to sleep in the stroller some days.

I too think the Mac Volo isn't very comfy at all. I can't really see an 11mts. sitting in that stroller for any lenght of time. With no recline how will the 11mts. old nap? Can you borrow a Triumph or something similar? The double would be more comfortable for the 11 month old. I think between the two choices I would take the double stroller along.

jjordan
01-23-2009, 04:15 PM
Neither of our kids napped in the stroller. We went back to the room midday each day to nap the toddler. The baby slept in the sling. But, the strollers that we took did recline. What about buying (or borrowing) an inexpensive reclining umbrella stroller to take with you? Just from my experience, we were really glad to not have a double stroller. They are harder to take through crowds, and they take up more space on the bus. Unless you are going during a really super low season, those would be big concerns (for me).

Jill

belovedgandp
01-23-2009, 06:16 PM
I'd lean towards the double. We tended to park the stroller in one area and walk around that area. 3 year old walking, 3 month old in a sling. Then we'd load up the stroller for the longer walks. If we wandered too far on our own foot power, DH or I would run back solo to get the stroller.

We did a sit-n-stand. The 3 month old was still in a carseat carrier in the stroller and 75% of the time in a sling on me. Our older son was just over 3 1/2 (hadn't napped or used a stroller in over a year) so it was a nice compromise for us.

Tondi G
01-23-2009, 07:40 PM
I'd take two reclining singles if you can manage to find something decent for not too much $$$! Maybe Craigslist? We love having our P3 at Disney! Your 3 year old could also hitch a ride on the back step thing.... if you wanted to attempt with just one stroller and a sling/backpack for the little one. Disney is a lot of walking so your 3 year old that may not ride all that much on a regular basis may want to do a lot more riding at Disney!

this might work

http://www.albeebaby.com/chicco-compact-single-strollers.html