PDA

View Full Version : stroller and small trunk

angilocks27
01-22-2009, 03:59 PM
I am a soon to be mom and need help buying a stroller. My trunk will hold 2 golf bags if that gives you any idea on the size. Should I get the Chicco travel system? or even get a travel system? Will it even fit in my trunk! I am soooo overwhelmed by all the decisions to make.

SnuggleBuggles
01-22-2009, 04:10 PM
I'm admittedly not a travel system fan. There are a handful of times when it would be nice to keep baby in their carseat and go but 95-98% of the time I think that it is easier to just either wear the baby (get a good carrier- not something like a Snugli!) or lay them flat (or relatively flat) in their stroller. I think carseats should be in the car most of the time and baby should get out as much as possible.

Now, to your question...I have a Honda Civic and can fit my Metrolite, the misc. crap I keep in my trunk and all my groceries with no trouble. There are times that I wish the stroller folded smaller but I make do.

Beth

shawnandangel
01-22-2009, 04:15 PM
I have a small trunk as well, I drive a Nissan Sentra. I have the Graco Metrolite travel system and it fits in my trunk.
There are good things and bad things about this travel system. The bad is that it is hard to get to the compartment that holds the diaper bag under the stroller. The good is that my Graco Snugride snaps into it and I can look at my baby while I stroll. It is very light in comparison to other strollers and it is easy to manuever.