PDA

View Full Version : Beco Baby Carrier Question

IDcam
01-22-2009, 05:33 PM
I just received my Beco Baby Carrier and love it! DD, however, doesn't feel the same way. =( I've put her in it twice and both times she's cried. I don't think she's in there too tight or anything. Maybe she's not used to her legs being spread out? She's normally not a fussy baby so I was wondering if there's going to be an adjustment period for her? Do babies either just love to be carried or hate it? TIA!!

natness
01-23-2009, 03:26 AM
My son didn't warm to the Beco until about 4 months old-- when he had full head control and could look around. How old is your baby?

IDcam
01-23-2009, 04:05 AM
She's 2.5 months and has pretty good head control (still bobbing a bit here and there though). She's a chubby girl and we think it's too much for her belly to bear. DH was so distraught seeing her cry in it that he agreed to let me get the Vista stroller I've been eyeing. =D Maybe we'll revisit baby-carrying when she's 4 months. Thank you for your input!

Neatfreak
01-23-2009, 05:46 AM
I just wanted to add that my kiddo will fuss a bit when I first put her into a carrier, especially if it's a new one, and then kind of calms down once I get moving and she figures out what's going on!

A Vista? Nice!

thepeachmama
01-23-2009, 08:57 AM
I'll add that my dd2 didn't take to the beco at first, but now she loves it. I have to say that the difference seems to be not using the infant insert. She hated the Beco with the insert, and she loves it without the insert, so maybe that's the thing. She's not 15 pounds yet, but they said it was safe to use it without the insert anyway.

BTW, We also LOVE our VISTA so enjoy that too!!

SnuggleBuggles
01-23-2009, 09:00 AM
I'd probably do her legs frog legged inside the carrier rather than splayed out. I think it comes with directions on that.

Beth