PDA

View Full Version : Our MBR is being painted...now need to shop for bedding

LD92599
01-23-2009, 12:29 AM
We've gone w/ Davenport Tan (dark brown) for the wall behind our bed and shaker beige for the rest of the walls, with white trim (Pottery Barn/Benjamin Moore colors). Our furniture is a dark stain, carpet is almond/off white berber.

What should I look for in bedding and curtains? Any ideas? Colors?

Thanks!

Octobermommy
01-23-2009, 01:39 AM
I love the teal with brown. My parents have this color combo and it is gorgeous. The teal they have is more muted.

MelissaTC
01-23-2009, 08:02 AM
I have a blue and chocolate set I found at Home Goods that just rocks. I suggest hitting TJ Maxx/Home Goods. I have 3 sets from there- all very nice quality and were great prices. I also have a teal set that is just lovely. My walls are SW Bagel.

DebbieJ
01-23-2009, 12:48 PM
I usually get bedding first, then match my paint colors to that. It's much easier to mix a paint color to match than it is to find a bedding set that matches your paint!

Good luck!

alirebco
01-23-2009, 05:14 PM
I would try the light blue or maybe even light green. Our living room is a tan/brown/blue combo and it looks awesome!

willow33
01-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Not sure of color, but I just bought a new Nicole Miller comforter set at overstock.com and it is beautiful and very high quality. HTH!!

clb
01-23-2009, 05:48 PM
I could have written your post. MBR is shaker beige, trim is white alabaster, carpet is almond, furniture is dark stain.

Right now, I have green bedding - sage sort of- that I got in fortunoff a few years back. The one by willowbrook had a lot of displays from what I remember. It is very calm looking but I am getting a little bored with it.

I was thinking about white with dark red but I haven't come across anything that I like for curtains with that color scheme. I just want something calm, nothing fussy looking --> no tassels for me.

The hardware in our house is all antique brass, so I went with that for lamps and other metal trims in the house. I am not sure that I like it with the shaker beige. I think this is where I messed up.

The shaker beige is a pottery barn color again, so some of their bedding should coordinate.

Let me know what you end up with.

ThreeofUs
01-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Blues and greens, definitely. I'd do a mix of lighter and medium colors to mix it up a little, and pick something like an orange for a couple of accent pieces.

CiderLogan
01-23-2009, 05:56 PM
We have colors similar to yours and have a beige/white/brown/maroon bedding theme that I like. So, I guess the dark red/maroon is the accent color.