PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use Palm Pilot with a Mac computer?

american_mama
01-23-2009, 12:46 AM
My DH has been trying to synch his Palm Pilot with his Mac computer to no avail. He has spent a lot of time on it and is ready to throw in the towel and buy an iPhone. He bought the Palm Pilot about 1.5 years ago and has tried off and on to get it to work, most recently at the beginning of Jan.

If you can help me, you can save us a ton of money! Thanks!

s7714
01-23-2009, 01:05 AM
Well, I used to, but I gave my Palm Pilot to my DH as I was hardly using it and his died on him.

I had a Palm Hot Sync Cradle that connected to my computer via USB port, and then the Mac software Palm Desktop 4.2.1 which was available on Palm's website for download. (This was using OS 10.4 FWIW.) All I had to do was hit the Hot Sync button on the cradle and it did it's thing.

Does he have a sync cradle and it's just not communicating with the computer? Or is he getting specific errors? What OS? There are so many variables it's hard to guess without knowing more about what he's already tried!

tny915
01-23-2009, 02:19 AM
I have a Mac and a Palm. My Palm's from way back in 2003. I set it up with my Mac in 2005 and just synced a couple months ago.I have a hot sync cradle as well as a separate USB sync cable that I use to charge my Palm at work. I rarely sync it anymore, since it's now just a glorified address book for me, but it does sync fine. I was even able to get my Palm, iCal, and my Google calendar to all sync up a while back.

khm
01-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Could he take them both into the Mac store and ask for help? Or, would that just put him too close to the iPhone..... :)

mommylamb
01-23-2009, 01:07 PM
I used to have a palm synced to my work computer, which is a Mac, before we got smartphones. It needed some sort of converter software that our computer tech downloaded for free.

niccig
01-23-2009, 02:38 PM
There are some dedicated Palm forums you could post on with details of your palm and your Mac OS. I was reading up on it as we have a Mac and I was thinking of getting a Centro phone. It looks like it can be done, but it might need some setting up.