PDA

View Full Version : Is Garnet Hill always this bad?

vwh99
01-23-2009, 01:17 AM
Never ordered from them before, but given all the positive comments I've read about the clothes, I thought I would give it a try at the last sale. Maybe I should have stopped when I encountered my first problem....

First the website wouldn't 'put' anything into my cart, so I copied all the item numbers and called CS. The man who answered was initially nice. But after ordering multiple colors of one shirt in different sizes for my 2 boys and asking for him to repeat it so that it was correct, I could hear that he was getting a little frustrated when I told him that he had gotten one of the colors wrong. So, he asked to put me on 'hold' and when he did, he hung up! This was after I ordered 15 or so items!! So, I try again and the woman who took my order was nothing but patient. One of the items was a 'buy 2 for X price' and she assured me that the price adjustment would be taken out when the items were shipped.

Of course, that did not happen. I called back after I got the email invoice. Called back and was immediately credited the difference as well as for the %coupon code that they did not apply.

So after all that time ordering by phone and double checking the order, I was amazed that they still had made a mistake. In fact, they shipped me 3 of the same shirt (ordered just one)! At this point, my head is spinning...(sorry if yours is for reading this much!). I also was a little disappointed w/ the quality as I found the T's to be too boxy for my liking. At this point, I didn't want to deal w/ them again but I also didn't want to be stuck w/ a whole bunch of shirts that I didn't want. So, I sent them back.

Now it's been over a week, if not two, since I returned the order and I haven't heard a word from them. This morning, I called CS to ask about the return and was told that someone would call me back right away. No one did. I finally called again this evening and the woman told me that it takes FOUR weeks for the returns dept. to process the returns and that I would have to wait before calling again to check. Man, I have never had such problems before! Needless to say, I will NEVER order from this company again...maybe I should send them a copy of this post.....

Has anyone else have a similar experience w/ this company?

Val
dd 10/03
ds 8/06
ds 6/08

g-mama
01-23-2009, 08:04 AM
I have placed about 10 orders w/ GH over the last few years and have had ZERO issues. I've really liked them.

However, I've never had to call customer service. I've done the website ordering and it's gone smoothly and I've never had a mistake with my order. I have returned a few things and that's been easy, as well.

The thing you said about not being able to enter items into the cart, however, rings a bell. You have to put a number in the quantity box right on the item page, which is a little different than what I'm used to. The first time I ordered, I got to my cart and found nothing I'd thought I had put in there was there. I'd tell you to watch out for that, but it doesn't sound like you'll be needing any ordering tips at this point!

Sorry for your bad experience.

WatchingThemGrow
01-23-2009, 08:13 AM
I just had sizing issues. A shirt for DS had a double neck thing, and it rolls up and looks horrible every time. Long Johns for DD were WAY too tight. They looked really slim, so I tried the size 4's on my 1.75 yo, and it appeared to cut the circulation off her arms. The moccasins/slippers were waaaaay too tall for the right foot size. Almost everything in my greatly discounted order went back, but we still have an size 2/3 outfit in DD's closet that is big enough for her to wear when she's like 5. I wasn't thrilled, but I chalked it up to newcomer's confusion.

sste
01-23-2009, 12:20 PM
They were top-rate, excellent in the past . . . I feel like things have maybe slipped a little bit recently but I would still say they are well above-average.

jerigirl
01-23-2009, 02:15 PM
I caved in about a yr ago and placed my first order when they had a bunch of kids clothes under $10. Every I ordered "just" fit DS, and I was expecting some room to grow. Then most of it shrunk a bit more after washing it and on 1 pair of pants the large metal snap popped off the first wearing. When I first received the order, I considered exchanging most items for the next size up, but almost everything was gone when I went back to look. Then about 2 weeks later after DS had worn most of the stuff I ordered, I was looking again and most of the clothes were back on their site and some even had notes stating that they run small and you should size up. Like a PP I just considered it confusion with my first order but I wasn't that impressed with the quality. So far since, I have been too nervous to order again.