PDA

View Full Version : Exercise DVD recommendations?

MarisaSF
01-23-2009, 10:25 AM
LOL -- Anyone have an exercise DVD that's fun and interesting? That you actually DO? One that's not necessarily the same, predictable thing every day (maybe offeres different chapters)? One that was not acquired with good intentions, but now is collecting dust?

TIA!

fivi2
01-23-2009, 10:52 AM
There was a recent thread down in Mommy Fit - I am sure it is still on the first page. I won't repeat everything I said there (because I am lazy :) ), but my two biggest recs are to check out these websites:

www.videofitness.com - they have a fantastic message board, recs for beginners, review of every dvd you can imagine (and then some).

www.collagevideo.com - they sell dvds, but have clips of the ones they sell. Great to see if you like the style before ordering (you don't have to buy from them).

Check netflix, your library, goodwill, etc

as far as specific recs, it will really depend on what you are into: dance (belly dance, hip hop, ballet, etc), step, kickboxing, high or low impact, walking, tai chi, yoga, pilates (or a fusion), etc etc...

good luck!

eta: I went throgh a phase where I spent some time on the videofitness boards and did some research and ordered some videos... however, I don't do them nearly as often as I should lol. So that is why I mostly recommend going to those sites :)

AmyZ
01-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Mris - do you have cable? We have a fitness channel that always has different stuff on it. Lots of variety.