PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Dr. Suess books?

SASM
01-23-2009, 06:41 PM
Just curious... This week's Target deal is too good to pass up. I've never been a big Dr. Suess fan so I am curious...what is your DC's favorite book? Do YOU have a favorite? :)

TIA!!

jenny
01-23-2009, 06:52 PM
My favorite is "Oh the Places You'll Go"

DietCokeLover
01-23-2009, 06:55 PM
DD's fav is Mr Brown Can Moo and I love There's a Wocket in my Pocket

tnrnchick74
01-23-2009, 07:09 PM
HUGE Dr. Suess fan here!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE:
Hands, Hands, Fingers, Toes
Horton Hears a Who
Oh, the Places You will Go
And to Think I saw it on Mulberry Street
One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish

Tondi G
01-23-2009, 07:20 PM
My kids like

Green Eggs and Ham
Go Dog Go
One fish two fish red fish blue fish
Hop on Pop
There's a Wocket in my Pocket

brittone2
01-23-2009, 07:26 PM
I don't recommend Fox in Sox LOL. I hate that one, and there aren't many books I really dislike reading aloud. It literally makes my mouth hurt, my throat dry, and my tongue tired LOL. It is like a book-long tongue twister!!

We like Green Eggs and Ham, One Fish, Two Fish..., Mr. Brown, Hop on Pop, There's a Wocket..., etc. but not Fox in Sox!!! :dizzy:

eta: it would be nice if I spelled Socks appropriately, eh?

egoldber
01-23-2009, 07:39 PM
I also *hate* Fox in Sox with a passion. It is the only book I refuse to read. ;)

My favs were...

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
Green Eggs and Ham
A Fish Out of Water
Hop on Pop
Go Dog Go

MamaMolly
01-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Great timing, DD just fell in love with the Foot Book on Wednesday. :) She also likes Wocket in the Pocket but actually said how good the Foot Book is.

DH loves the Butter Battle Book, but I think that is because it is/was on the banned books list for being anti-cold war. He's so subversive ;)

rlu
01-23-2009, 08:13 PM
My fav when I was little was Go Dog Go.

My niece's fav was Hop on Pop

DS is not into Suess - we have several but he never chooses them when we read to him. Oh well, maybe when he starts reading...

lmintzer
01-23-2009, 08:13 PM
My favorite is The Lorax. I also really like The Sneetches. For nostalgia's sake, I like The Cat in the Hat and Dr. Seuss's ABCs (two I had growing up).

mama2g03
01-23-2009, 08:15 PM
DS likes The Sneetches and other stories, Bartholomew and the Oobleck;
DD likes One Fish, Two Fish. . .;
I like The Sneetches, Horton Hatches the Egg, Horton Hears a Who;
We all like the Lorax, Hop on Pop and How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

scoop22
01-23-2009, 09:39 PM
ds is finally loving books
the only way we get him to eat meat is through books. so
green eggs and ham is a favorite!
and Mr Brown Can Moo

inmypjs
01-24-2009, 12:51 AM
My 2 yo is obsessed with "Because a Little Bug Went Kachoo." We don't have it, but her grandparents do - and we read it tons during holiday visits. We do have some Dr Seuss books at home, but whenever she sees them, she just yells "Ka-choo! Ka-choo!" - because the covers of the Seuss books look kind of similar... I don't know how well known the book is, but it's cute and not quite as long as some of the others.

Happy 2B mommy
01-24-2009, 02:58 AM
DD loves anything Seuss. When she was younger Mr Brown was her favorite. She still likes Wocket in the Pocket. We currently read Horton Hatches the Egg, Horton hears a Who and Cat in the Hat a LOT. She also likes Fox in Socks, but DH refuses to read it.

caleymama
01-24-2009, 09:44 AM
Just asked DDs:

How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Happy Birthday to You!
The Lorax
Yertle the Turtle
There's a Wocket in my Pocket
Hop on Pop
The Sneetches
Oh, The Thinks You Can Think
Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?

jgenie
01-24-2009, 09:46 AM
I looked at the Target ad online but didn't find the sale. What is the price on these? When does the sale end?
TIA

SASM
01-24-2009, 12:18 PM
I looked at the Target ad online but didn't find the sale. What is the price on these? When does the sale end?
TIA

They are $5 each (2/$10)! I found out about the deal through the Bargains forum (TY clb!!!!!). In my store, the sale display is hidden! It is on an endcap (of the kids books aisle) facing the back wall of DVDs. ETA: New price through March 2nd. :)

Limited titles ~ I think they had:

Green Eggs
Hat in Hat
ABCs
Mr Brown/Moo
Go Dog Go
Hop on Pop
Oh the Thinks you can Think
1 Fish 2 Fish...
a Dinosaur fact book
I Don't want to wake up
Are You My Mother
and few other title that escape me. :) HTH!

THANK YOU to everyone for the input! I am definitely going back once DD2 is up for it (she's thrown up 4 times this AM, so I have to go there for some Pedialyte & oyster crackers).

Thank you again! Kepp up the list...it's fun to read! I am definitely going to check out the ones mentioned that are not a Target. :)

cleo27
01-24-2009, 12:41 PM
My all time favorite is The Lorax, and I am thrilled that DD likes it too. I hate Fox in Socks, as previous posters have also mentioned. I often refuse to read that one. Green Eggs and Ham is fun, as is The Cat in the Hat.

Sounds like a sweet deal!

eta: I just asked DD what her favorite is and she told me it is now "The Cat in the Hat Comes Back". :)

fivi2
01-24-2009, 03:00 PM
My girls' faves:

Go Dog Go (all time favorite book of theirs for about 6 months straight!)
Are you my mother
1 Fish 2 fish
hand hand fingers thumb
Fish out of Water
Cat in the Hat

But we haven't tried many of the others.

kijip
01-24-2009, 05:26 PM
One fish two fish red fish blue fish when he was a toddler/preschooler. The Lorax now.

NewfieNat
01-24-2009, 06:28 PM
I like some of his lesser-known titles.

My Many Colored Days

and under the pen name Theo. LeSieg

Come Over to My House
I Wish That I Had Duck Feet
Maybe You Should Fly a Jet

MMMommy
01-24-2009, 07:51 PM
I think the Dr. Seuss Dictionary is a good one to have. I bought it a couple of years ago, and the pictures are adorable. Obviously not a "reading" book per se, but it is the cutest kids dictionary I have ever seen!

Asianmommy
01-24-2009, 11:01 PM
I'm in love with "Because a Little Bug Went Ka-choo."

mommylamb
01-25-2009, 01:46 PM
I like the ones with morals. My favs are the Lorax, the Sneetches, the Butter Battle Book and Gertrude McFuzz

sunriseiz
01-26-2009, 04:11 PM
They are $5 each (2/$10)! I found out about the deal through the Bargains forum (TY clb!!!!!). In my store, the sale display is hidden! It is on an endcap (of the kids books aisle) facing the back wall of DVDs. ETA: New price through March 2nd. :)

Limited titles ~ I think they had:

Green Eggs
Hat in Hat
ABCs
Mr Brown/Moo
Go Dog Go
Hop on Pop
Oh the Thinks you can Think
1 Fish 2 Fish...
a Dinosaur fact book
I Don't want to wake up
Are You My Mother
and few other title that escape me. :) HTH!

THANK YOU to everyone for the input! I am definitely going back once DD2 is up for it (she's thrown up 4 times this AM, so I have to go there for some Pedialyte & oyster crackers).

Thank you again! Kepp up the list...it's fun to read! I am definitely going to check out the ones mentioned that are not a Target. :)

From your list, fave's at my house are:

Mr Brown/Moo
Hop on Pop
Are You My Mother (DS's current absolute favorite!)

Melaine
01-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Horton Hatches an Egg

clc053103
01-26-2009, 05:28 PM
DS is huge Suess fan, believe most enduringly popular bedtime read choices have been the Lorax and the Sneetches. I love that both have a great message as well.