PDA

View Full Version : UPPAbaby Vista - worth it without the bassinet for $400?

01-23-2009, 07:13 PM
If I can get a 2009 UPPAbaby Vista without the bassinet for $400, do you think it's a good deal? Do you use your bassinet a lot and like it? TIA

edurnemk
01-23-2009, 10:48 PM
I guess it depends on your lifestyle. I walk a lot and also loved using it for late night outings and such. I know people who even used it for the baby to sleep in for the firt couple of months. But if you only do quick trips during the first 3 months, you can use the car seat, with the adaptor. I think you could definetly do without it, but it's nice to have. Also consider the seat does not reclien fully so it's not suitable for a newborn, and not all babies like being in the car seat (mine hated it, so I never really used the "travel system" concept too much).
I know a few people posted recently about good deals on the Vista using live.com and such things.

01-23-2009, 11:45 PM
I guess it depends on your lifestyle. I walk a lot and also loved using it for late night outings and such. I know people who even used it for the baby to sleep in for the firt couple of months. But if you only do quick trips during the first 3 months, you can use the car seat, with the adaptor. I think you could definetly do without it, but it's nice to have. Also consider the seat does not reclien fully so it's not suitable for a newborn, and not all babies like being in the car seat (mine hated it, so I never really used the "travel system" concept too much).
I know a few people posted recently about good deals on the Vista using live.com and such things.
Thanks! This is all so new to me, I appreciate your help. One more question, what is live.com? Is that a good way to find stroller deals?

Mommy_Mea
01-24-2009, 07:18 AM
Thanks! This is all so new to me, I appreciate your help. One more question, what is live.com? Is that a good way to find stroller deals?

Live.com is Microsoft's search website (like Google). They have a "cashback" program that if you search for an item, and then click through their website to a vendor's website, you will get a certain % cashback. For a while they were offering 15-35% cashback through Ebay, but that hasn't been seen since early December, so it may be gone... I hope that made sense, here is the cashback website:

http://search.live.com/cashback

Also, as far as the bassinet on the Vista - you may be able to buy just the bassinet from the company, try calling them, their contact info is on their website. They are super friendly and helpful, great customer service!