PDA

View Full Version : "Registry Wars"

LBoop
01-23-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm a first time soon to be mom....and a bit overwhelmed with this whole registry thing. Not only are there sooooooooooooooo many different products, but where to register? I'm debating between Babies R Us or BuyBuyBaby...which is better?

If anyone can give me some insight with their experience at both or either stores, please share!!!!

Thanks!

Staraglimmer
01-23-2009, 09:03 PM
I'd go with which ever one would be more convenient for the people buying you gifts. I also looked at prices. FOr instance if you notice that a lot of your big ticket items are cheaper at one store, then I'd go with that store. HTH

Melaine
01-23-2009, 09:06 PM
I doubled registered for lots of items. I guess it could be risky (the return policies are a little stricter than three years ago) and you might end up with two of some things, but I thought having two options for people was worth it....have you thought about registering at Target? It seems really easily accessible for people, especially those who may not be baby-savvy.

codex57
01-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Yeah, we had more than one. Whichever site sold an item cheaper was where we had it on the registry.

Also, look into their return policies and stuff. If the prices were close, we listed it on BRUS instead of Target cuz Target is a real pain.

hillview
01-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Check return policies. BRU was great (not sure anymore!).
/hillary

catroddick
01-23-2009, 09:12 PM
I agree with the above- what is easiest for your shoppers?
As far as what to get- I used "Thr Girlfriends Guide to Baby Gear" and (of course!) Baby Bargains.
I was so clueless- I found that the Girlfriends Guide was a qucik easy intro to all the stuff. And then Baby Bargains was indespensible for figuring out which to actually pick. If you have some knowledge, you could easily get by without the Girlfriends. But I wouldn't go in the store without Baby Bargains.

(Really don't mean to sound like a commercial- just really, really value the help I got from the book!):bighand:

zag95
01-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Check return policies- Target sucks.... no receipt, no return. I did BRU for most of registry.