PDA

View Full Version : spinoff from informercial thread-anyone see/have the shark steam mop?

veronica
01-23-2009, 09:31 PM
I caught part of this infomercial today and it looks cool. I had a similar type item years ago for laminate flooring but my house now is entirely hardwood everywhere except slate in the kitchen. Supposedly this can be used on wood...I'd have to check the fine print on that but wondering if anyone has this??

ETA: right now, I vacuum and shine the floors with Bona hardwood stuff. I can keep doing that but was wondering if the steam would help with the slate, since right now I use the swiffer wet jet and feel like I can change the pad a millions times and always come up with a dirty one!!!

avd3875
01-23-2009, 09:55 PM
I also saw the infomercial and thought it looked really cool. A few days later I saw it at Costco and bought it. I don't remember the exact price, but it was cheaper than the ad, and it came with 5 pads. I've only used it on the vinyl floors in the kitchen and bathroom so far. I'm happy with it, much easier (and faster) than mopping. I think the directions for wood said that it needs to be a sealed wood floor.

HTH

nov04
01-23-2009, 10:00 PM
We have a shark mop from a department store here, came w/ 2 pads and they also sell replacements. We've been quite happy. I was a little shocked at how dirty our floors were despite being wet swiffered and mopped.

Corie
01-23-2009, 10:08 PM
It's funny that you mention this!

I have 2 friends who got the Shark mop for Christmas and
they LOVE it!!

All they talk about is this mop...

kransden
01-24-2009, 12:01 AM
I got the one from Costco for DH for Xmas. He uses it and likes it. I like the fact it isn't messy.

s7714
01-24-2009, 01:15 AM
My MIL has one and swears by the thing (she has tile though, not wood). I thought about asking for one for Christmas, but the reviews seemed rather mixed on Amazon, so I decided to wait.

katydid1971
01-24-2009, 02:07 AM
Joining in on the love fest!!! I love my Shark!! Plus I love that it doesn't leave anything on the floor, with a nine month crawler that's big here!!!

happy2bamom
01-24-2009, 12:03 PM
Why do I read these threads!!! Now I'm going to be in for another infomercial product. :) Oh well, at least this one sounds better than my Snuggie purchase.

JustMe
01-24-2009, 12:39 PM
So where is the best place to buy this thing?

katydid1971
01-24-2009, 01:37 PM
costco, you get 5 pads or bed bath and beyond with a 20% off coupon

JustMe
01-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Thanks! How often do the pads need to be changed? What does the cost end up being?

new_mommy25
01-24-2009, 02:37 PM
we have it and love it! we bought from costco.

katydid1971
01-24-2009, 04:10 PM
The pads are reusable so you only need the ones it comes with and since it uses tap water to clean you don't have any other costs.

DietCokeLover
01-24-2009, 04:13 PM
I absolutely love mine. I love that i don't have to use any type of chemicals to clean my floors with. I bought mine at Target about 9 mos ago.

LarsMal
01-24-2009, 10:00 PM
Late to the thread, but if this is the one you are talking about- I have it and LOVE it! I hate mopping with a passion, but don't mind using this at all. I love not having to deal with chemicals.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=1&SKU=16007501

KrisM
04-23-2009, 11:30 AM
nak

I'm thinking of getting this. Do you all still like it?

LarsMal
04-23-2009, 11:48 AM
I HATE mopping with a passion. I think mops w/buckets of water are so gross. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Shark mop!!! My mom has used it twice while visiting and really wants one now, too. I got the $99 one from BB&Beyond- the one with the carpet attachment and five pads. Not worth the extra money for the carpet thing. I've tried it a couple times and don't think it does anything The extra pads are nice to have though.

I mop more often now that I have this thing, and I love that there are no chemicals. The floor dries so quickly. Is it as good as getting on your hands and knees and scrubbing? NO, but who wants to do that anyway?! For me, it is the best thing b/c I will actually use it!

ETA: Ha!!! I just saw that this thread is old and I had already responded- doh! Yep, still love it!

HIU8
04-23-2009, 12:26 PM
I had one--the one with the triangular head that you fit a cloth over and cinch it. I loved it. However, it broke and I have not replaced it. It was so easy to use and cleaned up my floors so well.

veronica
04-23-2009, 12:43 PM
Funny this thread popped back up since I asked about it. I do have an update:

DH and I just bought last weekend and love it. We have dark slate floors in our kitchen and the color of the caulk was barely recognizable. They hide dirt very well and, I relied on that too much and hated using my swiffer wet jet. It would have a dirty pad everyday and I felt like it never cleaned all of it up. The steam mop has been awesome. I spent an hour (by choice) using 3 of the pads for the first time and have since gone into our bathrooms to use it there. I am reluctant to use it on wood (although it says you can) since our wood floors are pretty new.

but, I have officially joined those who love this thing!
I bought it at BBB with a 20% (I opted for the more expensive version that comes with 5 pads and costs 99.99 before coupon. The other version comes with 2 pads and is 79.99 and extra pads are 20, so I figured it was the better deal.

LarsMal
04-23-2009, 01:34 PM
I am reluctant to use it on wood (although it says you can) since our wood floors are pretty new.

I use it on our wood floors with no problem. They're the builder grade wood floors, though, so yours are probably nicer!!

KrisM
04-23-2009, 04:58 PM
I HATE mopping with a passion. I think mops w/buckets of water are so gross. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Shark mop!!! My mom has used it twice while visiting and really wants one now, too. I got the $99 one from BB&Beyond- the one with the carpet attachment and five pads. Not worth the extra money for the carpet thing. I've tried it a couple times and don't think it does anything The extra pads are nice to have though.

I mop more often now that I have this thing, and I love that there are no chemicals. The floor dries so quickly. Is it as good as getting on your hands and knees and scrubbing? NO, but who wants to do that anyway?! For me, it is the best thing b/c I will actually use it!

ETA: Ha!!! I just saw that this thread is old and I had already responded- doh! Yep, still love it!

Well, I'm glad to hear you still love it!

I bought one during preschool today - the same one from BBB. I figured I wouldn't use the carpet thing, but might want the extra pads.