PDA

View Full Version : DD2 called me stupid!

MMMommy
01-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Suffice it to say, she is in BIG trouble.

DrSally
01-23-2009, 11:01 PM
ouch! That would hurt my feelings :(

happymomma
01-24-2009, 01:43 PM
That would hurt my feelings also. I had the "I don't love you anymore" comment. That really hurts.

elaineandmichaelsmommy
01-24-2009, 06:20 PM
I understand. I grew up having been diagnosed in '83 as "learning disabled". Oh what fun for me. We don't use that word in our house ever.

lizajane
01-24-2009, 07:26 PM
oh, mama.... so sorry.

my DS2 calls me stupid at least once and hour. and says, "i don't love you" at least once a day.

i have had great success this past week with the ignore at all costs routine. i just tell him, "i don't like the way you are speaking to me and the ugly words you are using. you have lost my attention."

within minutes, he is back to chatting and talking nicely, at which point i tell him i am very glad he is using his nice words again and i am excited about talking to him about XXX. (whatever he brought up.)

when i get mad, he just does it MORE. like, crazy more. he even told me, "somtimes i like to be in trouble because then you get angry and i just laugh and laugh..."

so i do NOT GIVE HIM that anger. EVER. and after DH exploded on him this am, DH got a talkin' to and he stopped today. BIG difference.

veronica
01-24-2009, 07:37 PM
Sorry, no words of advice since I am yet to travel down this road but your post totally reminded me of the time when I was a teenager and got so mad at my mom , I gave her the finger and walked off.......boy-I guess, we all might have those days ahead of us too!

PS-I instantly regretted it and totally surprised myself with my own actions (must have been some teenage boy-drama we were fighting about)