PDA

View Full Version : Which is better? FP Learning Home or Kitchen

KrisM
01-23-2009, 11:39 PM
I'm so sad. Our Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Home is not working any more :(. No lights and no sounds. It's been such a great toy that I think I want to replace it so DS2 can enjoy it.

I found one local on Craigslist for $25.

A friend is also selling the Laugh and Learn Kitchen for $25.

I do not need or want both. Which would you get? Part of me says the kitchen just because it would be new for DS1 and DD. But, I want it to be as fun as the Home is.

mommyp
01-24-2009, 12:56 AM
We went with the Learning Home for DD (which she loves!). I picked it over the Kitchen based on reviews that the Kitchen was not as good as the Home. I can't remember where I saw the reviews though....it could have been here!

WatchingThemGrow
01-24-2009, 08:58 AM
We're "home"ers here, but friends told me this week they have both, but DD loves the home better.

DrSally
01-24-2009, 11:13 AM
IMO, the learning home has so much more, if I'm thinking of the kitchen you're talking about. The one I've seen doesn't have much going for it, and I would prob rather buy a wooden kitchen. I might be thinking of a different FP kitchen though, the one that adjusts up and down in height.

KrisM
01-24-2009, 11:35 AM
The kitchen is the one that is like the home. Very similar.

http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Laugh-Learn-Kitchen/dp/B001115D5E/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1232811272&sr=8-1

It's not a pretend to cook in kitchen. We have one of those already, too. It's for babies up to age 3 or so, although my 4.5 year old will play with it too :).

Sounds like I should look for the home again. It is a great toy and I recommend it often. I just wish it hadn't died on me.

DrSally
01-24-2009, 10:23 PM
Oh yeah, I've seen that one, but don't know anyone who has it. DS just loved the "radio" on the learning home. He would turn on the music and dance while I was working in the kitchen.

mommyp
01-25-2009, 12:48 AM
DS just loved the "radio" on the learning home. He would turn on the music and dance while I was working in the kitchen.
DD loves the radio too. Except she'll hit the buttons several times so the beginning repeats...we call her the little DJ!

KrisM
01-25-2009, 09:54 PM
Okay, found another friend who is selling the house so I'm getting that! DH thought we should really have the house again.

It's a bit funny - our original died after only a few months. It turns out there was some issue with them, so FP replaced it no problem. So, now I will have 3 sets of the pieces - mail, balls, and shapes. It makes it a bit more fun.

Thanks for the opinions.