PDA

View Full Version : Everyday Minerals- Are they good?

kusumat
01-24-2009, 12:08 PM
I am thinking about trying on their foundation, eye shadow, and lip gross. Are they good and where I can them? If I order from the website, how can I know that the base will fit my skin tone. TIA!

brittone2
01-24-2009, 01:01 PM
I love their makeup. They usually have a sample set that is free (you pay shipping) so you can try out a few foundation samples. They also have small jars (really small) for like 2.50 or so if you want to try a few extra foundation options.

Mineral makeup is a little more flexible IME with matching your skin tone than liquid...it is more forgiving.

The lipglosses I've gotten have not been that great IME. I love the foundation, blushes, eye shadow, etc. but not the lip stuff.
eta: as far as I know, it is only sold through their website. Try a sample set to start, and maybe a few extra of their smallest sized foundation samples if you aren't sure that one of the samples will match.

KarenLud
01-24-2009, 01:11 PM
I agree with the PP. I do like their make up and ordering was easy. I think in the sample set you can get a few different foundation colors to try to match yourself. That said, I do much prefer Bare Escentuals mineral make up..a little bit more money but better quality, IMO. Happy shopping!

brittone2
01-24-2009, 01:32 PM
Yeah, it is definitely a matter of personal preference. I used Bare Minerals originally but prefer EDM, and you get more for the $$ with EDM. Bare Minerals also uses nano-sized particles from what I've read, and I'm not 100% comfortable w/ that (fwiw, my DH does chemistry research with nanoparticles). When I emailed EDM a year or so ago they said they don't use nano-sized particles (their product is micronized but not nano-sized). Just something to possibly consider.

SnuggleBuggles
01-24-2009, 01:40 PM
I bought some on recommendations here and have been very happy. :) I did a sample set so I could get several foundation colors. You can get so many mini sized things there- that are a great price- so you can give them a try w/o spending much at all.

Beth

khm
01-24-2009, 01:40 PM
Is EDM shiny like Bare Minerals? That shimmery look looks OK on some people.... but not me!

brittone2
01-24-2009, 01:51 PM
Is EDM shiny like Bare Minerals? That shimmery look looks OK on some people.... but not me!
that's what nice. THey have original glo, semi matte, etc. I like the semi matte. It doesn't look shimmery IMO. THey explain their different formulations on their site.

kusumat
01-24-2009, 07:48 PM
Yeah, it is definitely a matter of personal preference. I used Bare Minerals originally but prefer EDM, and you get more for the $$ with EDM. Bare Minerals also uses nano-sized particles from what I've read, and I'm not 100% comfortable w/ that (fwiw, my DH does chemistry research with nanoparticles). When I emailed EDM a year or so ago they said they don't use nano-sized particles (their product is micronized but not nano-sized). Just something to possibly consider.

I agree. Per skin deep, BEM hazard score ranges from 3-6 while EDM is 0-3.

KarenLud
01-24-2009, 09:30 PM

I have never heard of this...what does that mean and what are the hazards to nano sized particles?

LarsMal
01-24-2009, 10:08 PM
Big EM fan here! I don't use their eye or lip products, but their concealer, foundation, blush, and finishing powder is great. I did one of the sample kits- just spent a lot of time reading the descriptions before I chose, and was lucky enough to find my match in my first kit. Lasts a long time, too.