PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a High Chair with...

bluestarfish18
01-24-2009, 01:45 PM
A washing machine safe seat pad. I've heard that the Graco Contempto used to come with 2 pads, and were safe to throw into the washing machine. Is that true.

I'm not too worried about size, and we will most likely be leaving it unfolded. But I don't want to pay more than $150 for one.

I was tempted to just get a restaurant style wooden chair for its easiness to clean, but they seem so uncomfortable. Help!

vonfirmath
01-26-2009, 02:03 PM
I throw the The Fisher Price Space Saver seat cover in my washing machine.

The Review Mommy
01-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Dont know much about the graco sorry, I'd call them...

FYI-Not all wooden highchairs are easy to clean

What does DC1 eat in now? A highchair? You have a 2nd right? Maybe buy a TT for DC1 and use the highchir you have for DC2? Not sure what you have and what your situation is now but thats what I would do.

IME its the highchir pads I dont like to clean. There are ones without like a Boon, and IKEA high chair as well as the FP Portable/foldable booster/highchair. Much easier to clean. You can always get extra pads to fit onto a highchair places like USA Baby, Babies R Us have them.

Look into your Craigslist for a highchair if your on a budget. They should have them all and for about half the price lol!

Melaine
01-26-2009, 03:01 PM
I know this is a little above your budget, but it you definitely want a cushion, I would do this:
http://www.keekaroo.com/chairandcushionpromo.html
You get a free tray right now too....I really like the looks of this one, and it is cheaper than a TT....cushion is wipeable I believe.
or have you thought about the Hipposmile, which I think comes with free cushions. Look on ebay...