PDA

View Full Version : Natural, heavy-duty face moisturizer?

ThreeofUs
01-24-2009, 02:27 PM
It's so freakin' dry up here that my face is starting to shrivel, I swear. I had been using Eucerin to keep my face hydrated - crazy, I know - but it just started giving me hives. On my face. A prune with hives. Lovely.

:p

Anyone know of a really heavy moisturizer for faces? I'm to the point of using straight vitamin E, but would like something maybe a touch lighter, lol.

TIA!

Tondi G
01-24-2009, 02:30 PM
I know someone who uses organic olive oil on her face at night before she goes to sleep and swares it keeps her face super soft and moisturized!

Melaine
01-24-2009, 03:05 PM
I know someone who uses organic olive oil on her face at night before she goes to sleep and swares it keeps her face super soft and moisturized!

I've heard that too....My sister enjoys trying out natural products on her face, most of them easily available in your cupboard. She does things like coffee/sugar scrubs. Recently she told me that Coconut Oil is a great gentle moisturizer. She also has extremely dry skin, so it might be something you could try too....apparently there are a lot of benefits to Coconut Oil, healthwise.

BelleoftheBallFlagstaff
01-24-2009, 04:03 PM
Derma-e kicks butt! The cream I linked too is very rich, cheap, and works well. It smells a bit old lady like, but just a bit. I HIGHLY rec their stuff!

http://www.luckyvitamin.com/item/itemKey/62135

tarabenet
01-24-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm to the point of using straight vitamin E, but would like something maybe a touch lighter, lol.

Careful doing that! I was once desperate enough to try it and ended up clogging my pores so badly that my nose peeled. And kept peeling. And didn't stop peeling until a doc prescribed stuff for it. It was gross.

ThreeofUs
01-24-2009, 07:37 PM
Great suggestions - and thanks for the warning on the E. I didn't know that could happen!

brittone2
01-24-2009, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I often use straight olive, coconut or jojoba oil (jojoba is supposed to be the most similar to skin's natural oils). I do the oil cleansing method (you can google it). Sounds crazy (slash gross? I know!), but it works great for me. There are high end makeup lines coming out now with oil cleansing serums, and you end up paying a huge amount of $$ per bottle to basically accomplish the same thing. They take a little natural oil, throw in a few other ingredients and charge $30 a bottle for it.

I wash my face w/ it and then pat some on afterward. Sometimes it takes tweaking to find the right oils for your face, and I find it works best when I vary them a little depending on the season.

tnrnchick74
01-24-2009, 08:29 PM
I jsut switched to the Burt's Bees radiance moisturizer - so far so good!