PDA

View Full Version : How do Kidco magnetic locks work?

reissgirl
01-24-2009, 04:58 PM
Kidco's website says that their magnetic cabinet locks are invisible from the outside but the pictures show a plastic piece on the outside of the cabinet. How do they work? I don't want white plastic pieces stuck to the outside of my kitchen cabinets.

amandabea
01-24-2009, 05:12 PM
depending on the ones you get, they either screw or stick to the inside of the cabinet. You just hold the magnetic key up to the outside and it opens. Nothing shows on the outside. We have the adhesive ones and they work quite well. Maybe the picture was showing that you can stick the thing that holds the key to the outside of the cabinet. We just keep ours in the drawer.

WatchingThemGrow
01-24-2009, 05:16 PM
that piece on the outside is the "key" you use to open them. We keep ours in the holder in the window.

reissgirl
01-24-2009, 07:55 PM
So how do you know where the lock is on the inside if you don't see anything on the outside?

It seems like a lot of people really like these. Any negative feedback or drawbacks I should consider?

s7714
01-24-2009, 08:18 PM
So how do you know where the lock is on the inside if you don't see anything on the outside?

It seems like a lot of people really like these. Any negative feedback or drawbacks I should consider?

We aligned ours with the edge of some decorative molding that's on the outside of our cabinets, so we know to put the magnetic key in just that certain spot to release the inner lock. We keep our key high up on the refrigerator, as well as one in each bathroom medicine cabinet.

We love ours! DH said the installation process had a little learning curve to it, but once he got the hang of it, it was easy. We have the ones that attach to the cabinets with screws.