PDA

View Full Version : Ergo Infant Insert?

stinkyfeet
01-25-2009, 12:37 AM
Does anyone really like the Ergo Infant Insert over placing a receiving blanket to keep the baby snug in their Ergo?

I don't mind spending the money, but guess I just don't want to have things lying around the house that I won't really use.

Thanks! :)

elektra
01-25-2009, 12:42 AM
Bump! I have this exact same question. I have an ergo that I started using with DD when she was around 5 mo. However, I may want to try it a bit earlier with DS-to-be.

WatchingThemGrow
01-25-2009, 08:38 AM
I DO love the insert from birth with tiny babies. I like the way it wraps around them in one padded, well-formed piece. The fact that it isn't layers of blanket that shift is important to me. I put the baby in, and he stays. He doesn't slide down and around the way I picture happening with a blanket. When picking up the whole "baby in insert" unit in one hand to guide it into the carrier, I feel like they are very secure. The head support it gives is much better formed than a blanket.

I bought one on CL for $10 +5 shipping, sold it for $17 after using it with DS. This time, I helped a friend find one on CL for $15, and I'm buying it from her for the same amount when she's done with it and I'm in need. I'm sure I'll be able to resell it for the same amount. I'm an insert fan!

stinkyfeet
01-27-2009, 04:31 AM
Thanks so much! That helps a lot! :wink2:

lowrioh
01-27-2009, 09:40 AM
I didn't use mine because I found it awkward and at that age DD prefered the sling. She was also born in July and it seemed to me that between my body heat and the infant insert that she feel overheated.
I wasn't an experienced baby wearer at the time so you might find it easier to use.
Now that she is older, I LOVE the ergo, especially for travel. TSA didn't make me take her out of it when we went through security.

cestkaren
02-10-2009, 12:42 AM
We didn't use the insert, my son is a very warm baby and was too hot with the insert (It's like a think quilt). I also live in N. California and he was born at the end of August. I tried with a cooler day in Oct, high 70's, and he was sweating. I think it depends on your baby and the weather. If I had to do it again, I'd try a blanket first and if I didn't like it, try the insert.