PDA

View Full Version : Good inexpensive hair product for four year old?

athompson
01-25-2009, 06:34 PM
My oldest daughter has beautiful thick, straight hair. She has a cowlick in the back that is really hard to manage. We wash her hair at night and just brush with detangler in the morning to calm the static etc. Five minutes later, it looks like I haven't even brushed her hair. I've tried using the J&J detangler, Little Sprout baby mousse and a Mustela product (can't remember the name). Any suggestions for a hair product with a little hold for a four year old that won't break the bank. Thanks ladies!

elaineandmichaelsmommy
01-25-2009, 06:59 PM
DD has long hair and most of the time it's in a braid or ponytail of some kind. On the rare days that she wears her hair down yes it's a mess by lunchtime and I won't go into how she looks when she comes home from school with it down. Or what's gotten into it by the end of the day.

We've switched recently to burts bees hair products and they're working nicely. I always send her to bed with her hair braided though and it cuts back significantly on the tangles. Good luck.

mnosky1
01-26-2009, 08:29 AM
I just use adult products (except for shmpoo) for my DD5 who has a ton of cowlicks. She had her hair cut shoulder length this year and it really lays so much nicer. I think mousse is helpful. I think detangler makes her hair look messy and it never seems to lay as nice so I try to avoid it if I can.

nabigus
01-26-2009, 10:36 AM
If you've got a Whole Foods near you, the make house brand of hair and bath products (shampoo, conditioner, hair gel, shower gel, lotion, etc), that's super cheap, like $3.69 for 32 oz. I've switched over to it for me, and really like it. They may have a hair product that will do the job.