PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for clothing for sibiling photographs?

dotgirl
01-25-2009, 07:16 PM
I'm planning to take DD and DH to have their pictures done in mid-February.

I want to find something that looks nice, but not overly dressy, and it's a little challenging. DS is 5, so he basically has to wear what I tell him to, but DD is 15 and that's a little more difficult.

I'm planning to have them both wear khaki corduroy pants, but what sort of top? I don't think anything too dark will work because it will blend in to the background. Red is out because they'll look like Target cashiers. I don't want white button down shirts because I just don't like the look.

I was thinking some sort of polo shirt? Help!

KrisM
01-25-2009, 07:24 PM
I'm planning to take DD and DH to have their pictures done in mid-February.

I want to find something that looks nice, but not overly dressy, and it's a little challenging. DS is 5, so he basically has to wear what I tell him to, but DD is 15 and that's a little more difficult.

I'm planning to have them both wear khaki corduroy pants, but what sort of top? I don't think anything too dark will work because it will blend in to the background. Red is out because they'll look like Target cashiers. I don't want white button down shirts because I just don't like the look.

I was thinking some sort of polo shirt? Help!

What about a white t-shirt? Just pick something that doesn't look like an undershirt for your husband :).

Or a nice, medium blue or green?

Piglet
01-25-2009, 09:25 PM
We did this recently with everyone in blues and khakis. DH wore a french blue shirt and khakis, DS1 wore a white shirt and navy and white striped vest with khakis, DS2 wore a navy and white checked shirt and khakis, DD wore a white blouse and a french blue dress on top and I wore a french blue sweater and a navy skirt. I loved how they turned out because they weren't totally matchy matchy but the colours were shared. Plus I hate how I look in khakis, so it eliminated the problem. Our previous pictures were the traditional jeans and white tops. It looked great too, but I couldn't use it a second time!?

jgenie
01-25-2009, 09:43 PM
We just had extended family pictures done - everyone wore jeans - the guys (big & little) wore red shirts and the girls wore white tops - some button up some t-shirts.

lizajane
01-25-2009, 11:11 PM
colbalt blue.