PDA

View Full Version : Do You Put CDs in Dryer?

carolinamama
01-25-2009, 10:21 PM
I'm new to the CDing world and just trying to figure out the best system. I am building my stash so I have to wash every night and I still am using some sposies since I only have 5 diapers. Anyway, I currently have some bumgenious and one fitted with more on the way - Yay!. I realize that drying them will make them wear out quicker, but how much damage does it really do? How do you dry yours? My laundry room isn't big, but I'm sure I can come up with some sort of system if it's much better to hang them to dry. Thanks!

tarahsolazy
01-26-2009, 12:02 AM
I have always dried everything, fitteds, prefolds, pockets, AIOs, PUL covers on high in my dryer. The dipes are on kid #2, and they are still holding up very well. Not a promise or anything, on longevity, but it works for my lazy self.

o_mom
01-26-2009, 08:55 AM
I dry prefolds, fitteds and inserts in the dryer. Pockets I toss on the drying rack and they dry within a few hours. The elastic in the pockets went out after two kids, but they were in constant use for over 2 years by that time. I don't think the drying had anything to do with it. The fitteds are still going strong on child #5 (bought used).

alirebco
01-26-2009, 02:08 PM
I dry mine in the dryer now that it is winter but when it's warmer, I sun them out on our deck and dry them on a drying rack outside. I always machine dry the inserts and wipes but will put the pockets and covers on a rack inside.

maiaann
01-26-2009, 04:34 PM
We only use prefolds & wraps. I never dry the wraps, but I do dry the prefolds - on low heat. We just hang dry the wraps - within a few hours they're dry enough to use. I never use bleach or fabric softeners either - that shortens their lifespan. Our second DD has been using the same set of diapers DD#1 used (7 years ago!) and they look great. The wraps are a bit worn and might need replaced by baby #3, but the prefolds still have a ton of life left in them.

kate2128
01-27-2009, 12:44 PM
I dry all my fitteds and prefolds in the dryer, covers about 50% of the time. When I used pockets, I usually air dried them.

edurnemk
01-28-2009, 09:44 PM
I don't have enough space to line dry my diapers (bumgenius organic AIO's for daytime and bumgenius pockets for nightime) since my washer and dryer are in the bathroom, and it's too cold right now to dry them outside. So I always dry them on low heat and they're fine. They still look and work like new.