PDA

View Full Version : FP Rainforest replacing Precious Planet?

tyrynn28
01-25-2009, 11:28 PM
I registered for Rainforest Healthy Chair but it seems like it's being discontinued. Is it really being replaced by Precious Planet? I really like the Rainforest Healthy Chair toy and reviews. :( Any ideas?

Staraglimmer
01-25-2009, 11:53 PM
They are on clearance at Target. I looked at the prccious planet jumperoo and hight chair. Although I like the softer colors better, the toys on the rainforest line are better. If you want it, I'd talk to a relative and see if they want to get it early. (I had my heart set on a certain bouncer. It was discontinued, so my grandmother bought it for me and saved if for my shower) HTH good luck

pamxch
01-27-2009, 08:09 PM
I just bought the display model of the FP Rainforest Jumperoo at Baby Depot/Burlington Coat Factory. The sales associate said the line was being discontinued. She didn't say what was replacing it, but I suspect it's the Precious Planet theme.

I actually like the look of the Rainforest theme better for a baby. Seems brighter and more colorful to me, of course it's also more garish for my decor.

clb
01-27-2009, 09:46 PM
FP seems to replace the line every 2 yrs. In was rainforest when I was pg with ds (16mo). The year before that it was aquarium.

Staraglimmer
01-28-2009, 02:24 AM
Has anyone else noticed that Fisher Price scaled back a bit on this collection? For instance, if you look at the high chairs, the Precious Planet Model does not include the infant head rest (which we used a lot). I also noticed that the toy is very small and does not look like it is even electronic. My favorite part of our rain forest high chair is the sounds and lights toy, which DD adores!

tyrynn28
01-28-2009, 09:18 AM
For the same reason why I was still on the look-out for the FP Rainforest high chair. Everyone gave good reviews on it so after the search...

We found out that Walmart still sells them online and the shipping is $0.97! :) We bought one online last night after my disappointment trip with BRU.

ellsie22
01-28-2009, 09:28 PM
The FP Rainforest High Chair is selling for $79.99 on sale at babydepot.com (Burlington Coat Factory).

tyrynn28
01-28-2009, 10:43 PM
The FP Rainforest High Chair is selling for $79.99 on sale at babydepot.com (Burlington Coat Factory).

That's really great deal but the shipping and is $22.65. The total at Walmart is the same. Thanks for info.

aarose
02-01-2009, 06:58 PM
I just registered at Target and they gave me a bag of "stuff". In the bag there was a bunch of ads for FP Precious Planets. I think this might be the new line. I just bought the 3 in 1 FP Dwell Studio highchair today. I put it together and, although there is no baby yet, it seems pretty cool. I like the fact that it converts to different things - most of the time we eat at our pub height table (good for the high chair) and sometimes we sit at the dining table if we have company (good for space saver chair - removable chair from high chair).

army_mom
02-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Fisher price also has a new line (or at least I had never seen it before) called Woodland Friends. I like the theme and think it is cute although I think kids may like the brighter colors.

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2002&e=product&pid=47790

aarose
02-01-2009, 08:23 PM
Fisher price also has a new line (or at least I had never seen it before) called Woodland Friends. I like the theme and think it is cute although I think kids may like the brighter colors.

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?st=2002&e=product&pid=47790

Oh, yeah! I saw that line in Target - CUTE!