PDA

View Full Version : Help!!! I have a stroller problem

Radosti
01-26-2009, 12:07 PM
I have two boys, 3 years and 8 months. And way too many strollers. Help me reduce the number (preferably 2 or 3).

I have:

1) a borrowed Snap and Go that I am using with the Safe Seat right now, so that is my car stroller. I will give that one back, so it's not an issue.

2) a maclaren umbrella stroller that is old and weird. No shade, so doesn't get used much. That one can go on freecycle or the trash. Not an issue.

3) an Eddie Bauer pretend jogging stroller. This will be consigned as it can't handle a kid over 25 lbs and still steer well.

4) a Phil and Ted Twin Buggy E3. This one is phenomenal for our walks as we live in the country and the area is very hilly. Would have preferred the single Sport one with a toddler doubles kit, but this was on sale for $199 and I couldn't pass it up. If I put it in the trunk of my SUV, it fill it all up. Seems like a bear to haul around, but I guess it's not.

5) A 2005 Peg Perego Pliko P3. This stroller was our go to stroller until our son hit 40 lbs at 2 years old. Then it became impossible to steer with him in it. It is still phenomenal for the baby and has all the comforts we need in a lightweight stroller.

6) A Baby Trend Sit and Stand Plus. Still in the box. Found it on clearance for $65. I figured this will be good for the zoo or the aquarium where DS1 can hop on and off as he pleases. And maybe it won't be as bulky to transport as the Phil and Ted.

7) A Maclaren Volo. Still in the box. Found it for $25 on clearance at Target. I like that it can handle DS1 as it goes to 55 lbs. It's also very lightweight.

So, now I am down to 4 strollers, but it still seems ridiculous. I guess I could put the volo up on a shelf and not open it until the baby outgrows the Pliko P3. Then, get rid of that one and keep the Volo. Don't know.

I realize that what I really want is the Phil and Ted single with the doubles kit. But there is no guarantee that it will meet all my needs anyway. Besides, the 3 year old is the one who'd want to sit in the doubles kit and I believe at 44 lbs, he's over the weight limit allowed in there.

WatchingThemGrow
01-26-2009, 12:32 PM
I've gotta run right now, but our perfect fleet of 3 is the Cameleon w/wheeled board(and carseat adapter when needed), Triumph, and BJCED. Really, I feel like basically any need we have is met with these. I did get a Valco Hithch Hiker (on CL) to put on the Triumph or the BJCED if get desperate w/3 DC, but I don't really plan on using it.

AnnieW625
01-26-2009, 12:38 PM
I'm the lone minimalist in the stroller world! I have one daughter, and two strollers (a Mac Triumph, and a Dreamer Design single jogger)! We've used the MAC pretty consistently since DD was 3 mos old.

If this were me I'd keep the Phil & Ted's double, and continue using the P3 since it's good for the baby, has a full recline, etc. The Volo might be nice to keep in the hubby's car, but again if it's new and in the box you might be able to sell it for close to full price; no one needs to know you bought it on clearance at Target! You can always get another Volo or the Phil & Teds single when baby #2 outgrows the P3 in a couple of years. By then son #1 will probably want nothing to do with a stroller! Good luck!

Radosti
01-27-2009, 02:52 PM
Thanks!!! I think once I am down to the 4 strollers, my garage will be a bit more manageable.