PDA

View Full Version : TNT Meatloaf Recipes?

hannah
01-26-2009, 01:54 PM
I am thinking of making meatloaf tomorrow night for dinner. Does anyone have a great tasty meatloaf recipe to share?
Thanks!

Twoboos
01-26-2009, 01:58 PM
This is my aunt's recipe, we love it and of course it's better the next day! It's got an Italian spin to it. I don't use a loaf pan, just get it into a loaf shape and bake I think in a 9x13.

(Note that she doesn't actually measure anything, so this is all estimates and it always come out great!)

Auntie’s Meatloaf

2 eggs
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1 teas fresh parsley chopped
1/4 cup ketchup
3/4 teas black pepper
1 teas. salt
1/2 teas. garlic powder
1 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
2 lbs ground beef 85%-90%
1/2 to 1 cup of water

Mix all together and the mix should be very soft and moist, if not add more water. Pack the meat mixture into a loaf pan.

Bake, uncovered until the meat loaf is firm to the touch in the center and has pulled away from the sides of the loaf pan, 45 to 60 minutes @ 350 degrees.

Melaine
01-26-2009, 01:58 PM
http://www.cookbookfundraiser.org/view_recipesite.asp?rid=2360287&uid=24124&sid=47359

sooooo easy! yumm!

wendibird22
01-26-2009, 03:57 PM
I make this (http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=393434) one all the time. Love, love, love it. DH does too! I make it with ground turkey.

ged
01-26-2009, 08:02 PM
I don't have copies right now, but I like Ina Garten's turkey meatloaf (make's a HUGE amount if you use the full recipe) and Paul Prudhomme's meatloaf (can't think of the name, but it has a kick to it and uses a blend of meats)

elephantmeg
01-26-2009, 09:52 PM
ya'll have it all wrong, lol. It has to have lipton onion soup, seriously people!

Meatloaf
1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
2 lbs. ground beef
3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs*/you can use oatmeal for some of this
2 eggs (I didn't have any so left them out)
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup ketchup

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
2. Shape into loaf in 13 x 9-inch baking or roasting pan. ( I bake in 2 meatloaf pans)
3. Bake uncovered 1 hour or until done. Let stand 10 minutes before serving

hannah
01-26-2009, 11:18 PM
All of these recipes look great. I'm not really sure how I will decide which one to make.

elephantmeg, how "oniony" does yours taste? DH is not a big fan of onions so I am not sure if he would like this one.

Thanks again!

MMMommy
02-10-2009, 12:27 AM
ya'll have it all wrong, lol. It has to have lipton onion soup, seriously people!

Meatloaf
1 envelope Lipton® Recipe Secrets® Onion Soup Mix
2 lbs. ground beef
3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs*/you can use oatmeal for some of this
2 eggs (I didn't have any so left them out)
3/4 cup water
1/3 cup ketchup

1. Preheat oven to 350°. Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
2. Shape into loaf in 13 x 9-inch baking or roasting pan. ( I bake in 2 meatloaf pans)
3. Bake uncovered 1 hour or until done. Let stand 10 minutes before serving

This is our family's favorite meatloaf recipe too. I think it has a funny name like "Souperior Meatloaf" (because of the soup packet). It is really easy and delicious. The onion flavor is NOT overpowering at all.