PDA

View Full Version : ISO good deal on down comforters

TwinsItIs
01-26-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm looking for a good deal on down comforters. But, and it's a big but - it has to be a good enough quality not to shed dust/feathers all the time. My bedroom is currently full of white dust particles ALL the time. EVERYthing is covered in that thin white film from the down comforters a few hours after it is freshly dusted. My friends/neighbors all have down comforters and they never have that issue. So I'd like to know from those who know of a good quality down comforter.

Is Company Store's good quality? What about Garnet Hill etc...?

Thanks

hellokitty
01-26-2009, 02:32 PM
We have a LL Bean down comforter and have been happy with it. I also got one back in college from Lazarus (now Macy's) that my son is using and it is still great. A couple of months ago I got a Martha Stewart one on clearance at Macy's and I really like that one, my youngest son uses it, but I think that it keeps the down in place much better. I would stick to higher quality dept store brand down comforters vs. the cheaper stuff you find at Target, etc..

hellokitty
01-26-2009, 02:33 PM
BTW, you are using a duvet cover right? Just checking, b/c that will cut down on any, "shedding" that may occur by keeping it in the duvet.

1964pandora
01-26-2009, 03:24 PM
There's a company called Downlite that is a Down and Down alternative product manufacturer that sells to many of the major companies like Landsend, Williams Sonoma, Nordstrom, Macy's, etc. etc. They also sell directly to the consumer on their website. I got a Landsend comforter in their closeouts section for a fraction of what I would have paid from Landsend. I've ordered from them twice and had no problems. You can look at the photo of the down comforter they're featuring and tell what company the comforter was made for. You can also sometimes tell what company they originally made the comforter for because it's the same photo used on the company's website, if that makes sense. Sorry, I'm in a rush or I would explain that better.

Also, I got 10% off by googling for a coupon/code for "Downlite," so basically I got free shipping.

http://www.shopdownlite.com/advanced_search_result.php?site=DD&min_price=0&max_price=9000&cPath=30&qty=1&type=refine

TwinsItIs
01-26-2009, 10:21 PM
BTW, you are using a duvet cover right? Just checking, b/c that will cut down on any, "shedding" that may occur by keeping it in the duvet.
Yes. I use a duvet cover.

We have a LL Bean down comforter and have been happy with it. I also got one back in college from Lazarus (now Macy's) that my son is using and it is still great. A couple of months ago I got a Martha Stewart one on clearance at Macy's and I really like that one, my youngest son uses it, but I think that it keeps the down in place much better. I would stick to higher quality dept store brand down comforters vs. the cheaper stuff you find at Target, etc..
I have expensive down comforters that I bought while I was engaged. It was 250 a piece!!! They're delicious to use, but I can't handle this any longer.

KpbS
01-27-2009, 12:18 AM
I have several from the Company Store. One I've owned for 19 years!! Wow I definitely recommend them and have never had any shedding problems.

TwinsItIs
01-27-2009, 03:20 AM
I found this one on Downlite and would love to know who they sold it for:

http://www.shopdownlite.com/image_full.php?pID=854

This is the original page:

http://www.shopdownlite.com/oversizeddamaskstripewhitegoosedowncomfortercloseo ut-p-854.html

Anyone know? I want to read reviews on the original site if possible.

Thanks