PDA

View Full Version : My "baby" is... FOUR YEARS OLD!!!

lizajane
01-26-2009, 04:48 PM
Dylan is 4 today!!!

We had a Spiderman party at our house, at his request. I was ready to go somewhere exciting and, um, NOT my house (that required clean up before and after and showed off my unfinished paint job in the playroom and my dog damage all over the place) but he really wanted to have it at home. he is very independent, so he only wanted to invite a few friends anyway.

so we had 5 friends of his from his class (only one girl!) and his BFF who is a year old. and then we had a baby brother, a 2 year old brother, and schuyler's BFF and her sister. which was super nice for the one girl dylan invited.

we played in the playroom with toys and the "potion" (dry beans, rice, etc.) and then had pizza and cake at the kitchen table. then we opened gifts and then did a "pull" pinata. some playing with the goodie bags and it was done!

after the two "drop off" kids went home, the other moms hung around with me while the kids played REALLY well together.

and i have BFF's kids for the afternoon while she is at work- offered to keep them so dylan could have his BFF all day on his birthday (they usually go to grandma's monday afternoons). they have played outside looking for bugs, making bug habitats, riding bikes and beat the washtub like a drum. excellent outdoor play! :)

now we are watching some noggin, as they clearly and suddenly needed down time!!!!!

it is a teacher workday, so the moms were super excited to have something to DO all day. and that meant schuyler was home from K to be at his brother's party. BFF's 2 year old (my Godson) is sleeping upstairs in a PNP, and when he wakes up in about an hour, we will go to their house and destroy their playroom for a change in scenery!!

AND, i have been reading "New Moon" while the kids played!! LOL!!

what a super duper 4th birthday day!!!!

mamaoftwins
01-26-2009, 04:50 PM
What a great day for you all!

Happy birthday, Dylan!

WatchingThemGrow
01-26-2009, 04:53 PM
That sounds like so much fun - and a day he'll cherish!

lisams
01-26-2009, 04:54 PM
What a fun day! Happy Birthday Dylan!

LarsMal
01-26-2009, 04:57 PM
That sounds like my kind of party- low key with a few good friends.

Happy Birthday, Dylan!

maestramommy
01-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Sounds like everything went off well!:bighand: Happy Birthday Dylan!

MontrealMum
01-26-2009, 05:19 PM
What a great day :) Happy Birthday to Dylan...he'll always be your baby, Liza, no matter how old he gets. :)

o_mom
01-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Happy Birthday, Dylan!

caleymama
01-26-2009, 05:34 PM
Happy 4th Birthday Dylan! :yay:

Sounds like you guys are having a great day. Enjoy!!

Emmas Mom
01-26-2009, 06:43 PM
Yay on having time to read New Moon! ;) And happy birthday Dylan!! It's crazy how fast they grow. Our little one just turned three & I still think of her as my baby!!

Hope you continue to have such a great day. :hug:

salsah
01-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Happy Birthday!

I'm glad you had such a nice day, you deserve it!

Mamma2004
01-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Happy Birthday, Dylan!!!!

Happy "baby's birthday" to Liza, too! I'm so glad to hear about a wonderful day. Enjoy!

niccig
01-26-2009, 10:09 PM
My baby is 4 yo too. I can't believe it. A month before his 4th birthday he didn't want to wear pull-ups to bed anymore, we've been day trained for a year. So this was the last good bye to all diapers. I was happy and sad as it meant he's really not a baby anymore. But I still call him that..and he says "No, I'm a big boy"

octmom
01-26-2009, 11:45 PM
Happy birthday, Dylan! Wow, Liza, I remember when you were pregnant and begging him to come out! Has it really been four years???

caleymama
01-27-2009, 09:27 AM
Happy birthday, Dylan! Wow, Liza, I remember when you were pregnant and begging him to come out! Has it really been four years???

Holy cow, I remember that too! No way 4 years have passed. No way!!