PDA

View Full Version : What's in your Netflix queue?

citymama
01-26-2009, 07:26 PM
Or rather, what have you recently rented/watched that you've loved? We have a pathetically short Netflix queue and need to add to it. Suggestions welcome - preferably something both DH and I would like (can't be a totally sappy tearjerker unless there is some guy aspect to it I can pitch to him ;))

To give you an idea of the kinds of movies we like: Slumdog Millionaire and Frost/Nixon are in our Q; the last movie I saw and loved was "Milk." We've seen all the Coen Bros. and nearly every Robert Altman film. But open to suggestions, including older films, classics, foreign, etc. (Oh, and I fell asleep 3 times trying to watch Wall-E. Go figure.)

hellokitty
01-26-2009, 08:10 PM
If you like watching TV series, we just finished watching, "Entourage," which is totally adult related, but entertaining about a hot young actor and his friends. We also LOVE the series, "Eureka." It's on the sci-fi channel and normally I am not into sci-fi, but it's really good, it's about a town of science geniuses, probably my favorite series in a while. We also liked, "Big Love" the series, it's about Mormons and the main character has three wives. "Dexter" is another favorite series of ours, it's about a forensic scientist who also happens to be a serial killer.

If you like off beat indy type of films, here are a few that DH and I have seen in the past yr and really enjoyed...

The Motel
The Kite Runner
Wondrous Oblivion
La Vie en Rose
Mrs. Palfrey at the Claremont
Notes on a Scandal
Keeping Mum
The Namesake
Penelope
Shanghai Kiss

vludmilla
01-26-2009, 09:10 PM
I haven't seen too many movies lately but here are a few...

The Wire (HBO series and I and DH LOVE it. It is really excellent.)
The Dead Zone (also an HBO series and a tad more girly but my DH liked it enough)

Indie Movies...
Celebration (a Danish film with subtitles--fantastic
Any "Dogma" film (also Danish)

Oldies...
Alfred Hitchcock films
Almost any Ingmar Bergman film (subtitled)

If I can think of some more, I'll add later.

maestramommy
01-26-2009, 09:30 PM
Lars and the Real Girl (Awesome!)
Sicko
Beyond Belief
Emmanuel's Gift

purpleeyes
01-27-2009, 12:02 AM
I have the new X-files movie at home waiting to be watched...
On the queue:
The 4th Indiana Jones
Henry Rollins: Live in the Conversation Pit
Mrs Pettigrew Lives for a day
Smart People
Mama Mia
The Visitor