PDA

View Full Version : Diaper Bag for international travel

slworld
01-26-2009, 08:24 PM
This is the first of my “international air travel” series of questions – my humble request for suggestions. I will be travelling to India in a couple of months with DS who will be almost 9months old by then. MIL & FIL will be accompanying me but I will be travelling back alone with DS.

I currently have a Dadgear Courier that is used for trips to the mall etc.
http://www.dadgear.com/gear_main.cfm?ID=10#

and a small tote for visits to the doctor’s office etc.
Baby Sac Microfiber Mini Bag - http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2748356

I am hoping I can manage with the Dadgear during the 24hr flight journey (or can’t I?).

I am also looking for another diaper bag for doing some local within the city trips visiting family etc. (few hours - nothing overnight) in India. I want something that I can use both as a diaper bag & for my stuff too so that I can avoid carrying another handbag (preferably something more feminine looking than the dadgear one). I probably won’t have a stroller so it will be hanging off my shoulder for the most part. I also need one of those pouches to hold a couple of diapers, wipes, maybe a cream etc to grab for diaper changes. I have a Sunshine Kids Change ‘N’ Go Bag but its too bulky & occupies a lot of space in the diaper bag.

http://www.target.com/Sunshine-Kids-Change-%E2%80%98N%E2%80%99-Bag/dp/B000EDJ19Y/qid=1233014964/ref=br_1_6/192-5941607-5789727?ie=UTF8&node=384173011&frombrowse=1&rh=&page=1

And as you know, budget is tight so looking for some reasonable options.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

hellokitty
01-26-2009, 09:12 PM
It's not feminine looking, but when we took a long flight (definitely not as long as yours though), I loved my Lands End diaper bag (the big one). It was perfect and since it's nylon, if it gets yucky, you just wipe it off, and it is also not a heavy material. Although I don't use that bag much now, I have kept it for when we travel by plane. I think that for the price, it's a great diaper bag. Other than that, I would suggest maybe some sort of backpack, just to keep your hands free.

Neatfreak
01-27-2009, 12:00 AM
I also bring out my LE Do-It-All for long flights ... though I wish I had a backpack with that type of organization, to be honest ...

nicanddrew
01-27-2009, 01:25 AM
Ditto the LE do-it-all. I don't like it for day to day use, but we've lugged it to Korea and back twice. It's not pretty but it gets the job done.

We've also traveled with the big eddie bauer backpack diaper bag. I don't like having to dig for stuff at the bottom, but it was big enough for 24+hrs of travel.

Aarohismom
01-27-2009, 02:19 AM
I always travel with a big rolling backpack because I tend to overpack. The bag that rolls is a lifesaver during the journey imo. Mine has 2 main big compartments and 3 small compartments which are good for organisation. I have travelled within India with eddie bauer big diaper bag and fleurville sling tote. Sling tote is awsome for small trips. HTH.

slworld
01-27-2009, 03:21 PM
oops wrong post