PDA

View Full Version : This dress is weird, but WTH....

Melaine
01-27-2009, 09:56 AM
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=1154011

They retail for $199 on their site (ok that is clearly CRAZY) and today you can get TWO for $16.98 shipped. They look comfortable as a beach/summer dress or coverup if nothing else. Who knows, they might actually be as cool as the infomercials say in which case I just got an awesome deal! At the very least I hope it will be a comfy summer casual dress that is good for travel. Any experience with these would be appreciated.

veronica
01-27-2009, 10:02 AM
Seriously-where do you live, nextdoor to me? You beat me to the post by 3 minutes and I just ordered it as well..............I am thinking I will keep the black and give the red to mom!

I hope the size is ok, although I am short and my hips are small (the measurement they give you to follow), I am still chubby.....went with the medium. If not, mom will have two dresses!

Melaine
01-27-2009, 10:05 AM
See.....I am nervous....I ordered small based on the measurements....but at the same time, I am not particularly small....but my chest and butt are flat...it better turn out ok!

Melaine
01-27-2009, 10:05 AM
Did you see it on SDs?

Melaine
01-27-2009, 10:07 AM
Darn, should've ordered a Medium too for that price, just to be sure.

veronica
01-27-2009, 11:52 AM
yep, I saw it on SD's-my morning ritual consists of coming here first and then checking there!

lil_acorn
01-27-2009, 12:42 PM
I ordered this too; I hope it works. Even if I get 3 styles out of it, I'll b ehappy

bandklangley
01-27-2009, 02:13 PM
My sister has one similar and it's awesome - can't believe the price! Is this for real?

Melaine
01-27-2009, 02:21 PM
I know Graveyardmall comes up a lot on slickdeals. Sounds like some people have had issues with shipping taking a long time, but other than that no major complaints I have seen. I don't care if it takes forever, as long as it comes by summer!

hellokitty
01-27-2009, 02:40 PM
Is it just me, or does this dress look like it can only be worn w/o a bra? I am a big busted gal, I don't think I could pull it off wearing this dress w/o a bra...

Melaine
01-27-2009, 02:50 PM
Hmmm....I am not comfortable wearing it a lot of the ways it was posted, just not modest enough for me. However, I assumed that one of the many ways would provide enough coverage for me (and allow me to wear a bra!)....we shall see I guess!

updacountry
01-28-2009, 10:39 AM
I agree on the no bra. I didn't order for the same reason. I just must wear a bra! Also, I don't know if I would be able to do all those styles without strangling myself. I can see my DH cracking up as I tried to get ready to go out. I heard they are a knock off of the original from years ago.

veronica
01-28-2009, 06:06 PM
I actually hate bras and usually go with a tank with shelf bra in the winter as my first layer. I am not terrible endowed in that area (all of my endowments have ended up on my rear end!). At the very least, I hope to get a couple of styles.

Otherwise, it will be a fun Valentine's day for DH and I.....or DD can play dress up (whichever I am in the mood for ! )

ChristinaLucia
01-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Thanks for posting this OP. I ordered it as well. It seems like a great travel dress. We shall see I guess!

aarose
01-29-2009, 06:42 PM
I have 2 of these I bought on vacation last summer. I LOVE the dresses! I am heavy on top -there are some ways I have to wear a bra and some ways I don't. The brand of mine are different, but it is the same principle. If you go to www.karizadesigns.com, there is a video showing all of the diff ways to wear.

stefani
02-19-2009, 12:23 AM
I received mine, they are out of the red one in my size, so they refunded $5 and send me a scarf and $10 credit. I have not had a chance to try it yet.

poppy
02-19-2009, 12:27 AM
How long did it take to get yours? They told me it shipped late January but the tracking doesn't work and I haven't gotten anything yet.

BTW, I must have posted a few seconds behind you b/c I started a new string regarding it---funny.

stefani
02-19-2009, 12:48 AM
How long did it take to get yours? They told me it shipped late January but the tracking doesn't work and I haven't gotten anything yet.

BTW, I must have posted a few seconds behind you b/c I started a new string regarding it---funny.

Hi Poppy,
He...he... it is funny that we were thinking about it and posting at the same time!

Anyway, I ordered it 3 weeks ago, when the OP posted about it. I thought, we'll I'll try it :-) I just received it today. I did receive notification about them shipping it, but I thought it was a while back. I didn't track it.

Hope you all will receive yours soon!

ang79
02-19-2009, 03:58 AM
I totally got ripped off on this deal. Thought it might be nice to wear out on V-day but just got it yesterday. I ordered the small and only got the black one with a scarf, along with an apology letter about running out of the red. I jave not received my refund for the red dress yet in my paypal account and when I tried the dress on it was way too loose. The onside tag says its a large! I emailed and called customer service and left a message but have not gotten a response yet. If I don't hear from them within a few days I'll file a complaint with paypal to get my money back.

Melaine
02-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Sorry about that, ang79! That stinks.....I heard they had a huge issue with the size smalls, that a bunch were mislabeled or something like that. I hope you get a refund.

I just got the dresses last week. I didn't mess around with them for too long, but I think they have potential to be useful. At the very least, it's a nice item to throw in the suitcase for traveling that won't wrinkle too badly. As far as the regular retail price, I just can't believe anyone paid that much......

Anyway, I'm happy with the dresses for the price!

stefani
02-20-2009, 01:19 AM
I totally got ripped off on this deal. Thought it might be nice to wear out on V-day but just got it yesterday. I ordered the small and only got the black one with a scarf, along with an apology letter about running out of the red. I jave not received my refund for the red dress yet in my paypal account and when I tried the dress on it was way too loose. The onside tag says its a large! I emailed and called customer service and left a message but have not gotten a response yet. If I don't hear from them within a few days I'll file a complaint with paypal to get my money back.

Hi Ang,
I have tried mine and I am not comfortable wearing it. It is a small (black only). If you don't get yours replaced I would be more than happy to mail this to you.

LMK.

ang79
02-20-2009, 11:36 PM
Just an update about my dress fiasco. After not getting a reply to my email or phone message, I opened a dispute with paypal last evening. The owner of graveyard mall responded within hours with a full refund and is supposed to be mailing me the correct size, free of charge. He does not want the size large I got in return, so if anyone is interested its all yours FFS (as well as the black scarf that came with it). Just PM me if you're interested!

veronica
02-21-2009, 11:06 AM
Just an update about my dress fiasco. After not getting a reply to my email or phone message, I opened a dispute with paypal last evening. The owner of graveyard mall responded within hours with a full refund and is supposed to be mailing me the correct size, free of charge. He does not want the size large I got in return, so if anyone is interested its all yours FFS (as well as the black scarf that came with it). Just PM me if you're interested!

Sorry it took having to contact paypal but seems like a pretty nice resolution by the company-hope you can enjoy the correct size!

ang79
02-28-2009, 03:25 PM
Well, I got my size S in the mail yesyerday (much faster than the original shipment!). Its more clingy than I normally wear so I don't think I'll get any use out of it. I didn't pay anything for it, so if someone else wants to try it out, I'll gladly send it to you for $5 funded paypal to cover shipping. Just PM me, first come first serve!

asoulsister
03-01-2009, 12:57 AM
Hi Ang-
I suppose I do not have enough posts to PM, but I would be happy to send you $5 Paypal and give it a go! (That is if nobody else has PM'ed you already)
TIA!!