PDA

View Full Version : Logistics Help! Baby #3 on the way, have DS7 and DS5

DagnyT
01-27-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi. I am overwhelmed by the stroller decision! We have two DSs- 5 and 7- will be nearly 6 and 8 by the time #3 arrives in June. I am 44, this will be our last! We live in a "green acres" setting- hills, no sidewalks, etc.... With the older children I am constantly out and about- lessons, malls, playdates, walking through grass/gravel parking lot to the pool, etc.... I think I will probably use this stroller for longer than any in the past because the older children are MUCH older than this little one will be. Between vacations (generally not flyers- drivers), day trips, and day to day life my guess is the younger one will be struggling to keep up for some time to come and all would appreciate the option of providing him or her with a lift!

My thought had been to use a Chicco Keyfit30 infant car seat and Phil and Ted's Sport. My questions-

1) is my vision of how I will use the stroller on target- i.e. my first two were very close together this is different/new for me.

2) will the Chicco work with the Phil and Ted sport?

3) anyone know anything about the Phil and Ted Sport?

Many thanks!

kate2128
01-27-2009, 12:37 PM
I don't have any experience with the Phil and Ted's other than trying it in the store. But what about the Baby Jogger City Elite or Classic? They fold easily, steer great, look comfy for babe and you can get a car seat adaptor. Not sure if you can get one for the Chicco, though. I think I've read that the P&T is great as a double or if you might be needing a double in the future, but that there are better options for a dedicated single all terrain type stroller. HTH.

AnnieW625
01-27-2009, 12:54 PM
What about a Bob Revolution? However it is quite a large stroller for the mall so you could always get a MAC Quest or something similar for mall trips.

strollerqueen
01-27-2009, 01:54 PM
I'd also suggest looking at the Mountain Buggy. As I was just telling the other poster, they are top quality, and have a very high weight limit. Congrats, by the way! There is a big spacing with my # 3 too. It has worked out great! The older kids adore him, and they are a big help.