PDA

View Full Version : Proud owner of EUC 2007 UppaBaby Vista!

AnnieW625
01-27-2009, 12:20 PM
I ended up buying the stroller from the lady in my mommy group. It looks identical to the 2008 fabric wise, but the rear tires are huge, and I think I am going to replace them with the small newer model all terrain tires (we live near the beach so they are necessity anyway). I am very happy with the purchase. I like that DD who is almost 3 doesn't have to necessiraly use the straps, but she can just hold onto the bar and since there is less space for her to move around in I don't have to worry about her trying to stand up like she started doing in our jogger when she'd weasle her way out of the too tight straps. It should be a great all around stroller for her for our long walks (average 2.5 to 3 miles a couple of times a week), to take to the beach, theme parks, and such for years to come. We also hope that the bassinet works out better than having the pack n play in our small room for the first two months of the new baby's life.

Thanks to all for recommending the Uppa Baby brand of stroller. Sure I could've gotten a brand spanken new 2008 model for $150 more, but I feel good buying something from someone I know who could use the money for other things, and it actually felt good buying someone else's stuff. She took very good care of the stroller and even included the mint condition Graco bar which will be awesome for newborn dr. visits.

Are there anyother items I should think about getting for this besides a set of new tires? It also came with a sun cover, and the rain cover.

kate2128
01-27-2009, 12:32 PM
Congratulations! You will love it! We bought ours a few weeks ago and love it so far.

PeppyParents
01-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Hi,

Congrats!

The new all-terrain wheels will reduce your overall width by 2 inches to 25 inches, and the new Urban wheels will make it 24.5" wide. Either set is just fine for 99% of uses.

When new baby comes, you can also think about the riding board, called the Piggyback, for your daughter. It will work on your 2007 model.

AnnieW625
02-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Heather, I actually ordered a set of new all terrain tires, and a new set of urban tires from your website the other day. The 2007 did come with the all terrain wide tires, but they were pretty well worn. I love supporting local LA businesses. Another reason I bought the stroller was that it would take the buggy board!