PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy a Britax carseat off Ebay???

AnnieW625
01-27-2009, 12:45 PM
We were hoping to get another couple of months out of the use of our Evenflo Triumph 5 seat (2006 model) that Elisa has been using, but she's outgrowing the seat. We need to buy her a new seat and DH wants to get her a Britax Frontier. I've found some really good prices on Ebay from a few different sellers. I am not sure why but I am a little hesistent to buy her a new seat on Ebay even though it says new 2009 model and it's post recall. The seat is $60 cheaper than what it's going for at most online stores (Albee Baby is out of stock), and the shipping is $30. On the flip side BRUS is having 15% off their carseats, but the color I want (black/grey) is most likely not in stock (I tried calling the two stores near us; one near work, and the other our home and got put on hold; got frusterated and hung up), and is not sold at BRUS online.

Am I being stupid for thinking twice about buying a car seat off of Ebay?

shawnandangel
01-27-2009, 12:48 PM
I would not buy a carseat from Ebay. There are too many variables that I would not be comfortable with.

KpbS
01-27-2009, 12:53 PM
I bought one new in the box from a guy/store. I checked out the feedback and it was all legit. I saved about $60 iirc and would probably again if I was in the market.

wencit
01-27-2009, 12:55 PM
I don't think you're being stupid at all, just being a wise consumer, IMO. There are some things I would purchase off of eBay, but for something important like a car seat, I would only purchase from a reputable dealer. That's just me, though.

o_mom
01-27-2009, 01:31 PM
Britax states that they will not honor the warranty for eBay purchases (and other non-authorized dealers). How much they enforce it, I can't say, but for $30-60 I wouldn't risk it.

mamaoftwins
01-27-2009, 01:39 PM
Britax states that they will not honor the warranty for eBay purchases (and other non-authorized dealers). How much they enforce it, I can't say, but for $30-60 I wouldn't risk it.

:yeahthat:I agree.

I always worry that I might have an issue with bigger baby stuff, so I prefer to buy big things from a reputable place with a good return policy.

AnnieW625
01-27-2009, 02:10 PM
You guys are right! If there is a problem I can return it to a local store. I finally got a hold of someone at my BRUS, and they have the Canyon colored one (black/tan) in stock, and the 15% off coupon is good through Thursday. DH's interior is black in his car so that should do okay too. We'll probably go and pick one up after work/daycare tonight.

Thankfully I have a Marathon in my car so we'll be able to register for the black/silver one later to match the grey interior in my car :) (I know silly!)