PDA

View Full Version : Why does my street never get treated in the snow and ice?????

HIU8
01-27-2009, 01:30 PM
We have lived in this house for 4.5 years. We never get plowed or treated until last if at all. I don't get it. Our main road is wet and our street is packed with snow. We used to live in a condo where they plowed all the time, and I grew up in the "city" portion of where we live now and we always got plowed and treated streets (several times over in a snowstorm). We only live less than 1 mile outside of the city limits--I'm talking city within the burbs. I'm so not used to this still. (it doesn't help that we live at the bottom of a hill either). :32:

mommylamb
01-27-2009, 01:36 PM
Are you my neighbor? Seriously, us too... and when it does get plowed, they only plow one side of the road-- of course not the side we're on. I'm just getting ready to start making bitchy phone calls to complain about it.

HIU8
01-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Since we are county and not city there isn't a darn thing I can do. Here I'm thinking it's so bad on the roads b/c of what I see outside my window. So I go out and the roads are just wet--no big deal right now (of course tonight for the ice storm portion that will change).

I was floored when we moved here and found out we had to get our own trash removal. I have always lived where it was taken care of as part of my taxes. I so hate it here!

mommylamb
01-27-2009, 02:33 PM
S

I was floored when we moved here and found out we had to get our own trash removal. I have always lived where it was taken care of as part of my taxes. I so hate it here!

Oh, that sucks.