PDA

View Full Version : DD is sick AGAIN. Ugh.

elektra
01-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Poor thing. She has been sick with colds/flu starting Nov 1, then Dec 1, then Jan 1 and now close to Feb 1!
Sick a week, well 3 weeks, this has been our never ending cycle. I should have gotten her a flu shot this last time around. My thinking was that I didn't want to drag her back into the doctor right after she was better. Sounds like a lame excuse now. :(
I am really hoping I don't get it this time too since A) I am pregnant, B) It's tough caring for DD when I am sick too, and C) I have a business trip next week that I really need to just go on and get out of the way.
One thing that was somewhat unbelievable though, was that it was DH that got up with her in the middle of the night last night and laid down with her on the couch, not me.
Thank you DH!

mommylamb
01-27-2009, 04:12 PM
I think you're doing pretty well if you get 3 good healthy weeks. As for the flu shot (and I'm pro-vax over here), if her colds are just colds, not the flu, it wouldn't have mattered anyway. DS got his shot, and he's got the continual runny nose, and has had some nasty colds this year. Then again, he's in daycare so we're doing the building up the immune system thing. By Kindergarten he'll be super immune man, I'm sure. As for me, I worked with kids in a shelter for battered women for 4 years and had all sort of snot and whatnot wiped on me... and my immune system is now great. I rarely ever get sick.