PDA

View Full Version : Lane Bryant Maternity

nicanddrew
01-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Anyone know if it's being discontinued. The website hasn't been updated in eons, there are few sizes left of what is on sale, and there is no spring stuff, just the old winter stuff. Wonder what's up.

hellokitty
01-27-2009, 05:44 PM
Gosh, it seems like everyone is getting rid of (or vastly reducing) their maternity line.

hudson2001
01-29-2009, 12:38 PM
I just read that Charming Shoppes (aka Lane Bryant) is probably going to be closing lots of stores due to the economy.

:(

kjreif
01-29-2009, 05:17 PM
That is not good news! Seems like everyone is discontinuing their maternity lines lately. I'd especially to be able to try on clothes and it seems like everyone is either eliminating the lines completely or only offering online shopping. Nothing is ever easy, huh?

ilfaith
01-29-2009, 05:47 PM
I wouldn't mind shopping for maternity clothing online if the sizing weren't so inconsistent. By the end of my last pregnancy I was wearing things in every size from extra-small to large...and that's from the same store.

And if Lane Bryant is discontinuing maternity, that would really be a shame. As hard as it is to find fashionable maternity clothes that fit well, and know that there's even less of a selection in plus sizes.

nicanddrew
01-30-2009, 11:09 PM
Well, it's true. Just got an email back from Lane Bryant

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

We appreciate your interest in our maternity selection.

We hate to disappoint our loyal customers, but unfortunately, we will no longer be carrying maternity styles on our website.

We constantly update our merchandise assortment, and we hope you can find some other favorites the next time you shop with us. Thank you for being a valued Lane Bryant customer.

That's really a shame. Plus sizes are so hard to find in maternity to begin with. You'd think if they were discontinuing it though, the prices would be a little better on the clearance stuff!