PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, School District Administration

elizabethkott
01-28-2009, 08:14 AM
for neglecting to call the Fine and Performing Arts department and inform us that there is a delay this morning due to the snow. Not for nothing, I only would have slept in about 20 minutes to half an hour longer, but DAMNIT! My show is next week, and I am massively stressed out and could use a little extra sleep!
Not to mention how unprofessional it is to NOT CALL YOUR FACULTY to inform them that there is a delay, but you are able to get the information up on the district website in a timely fashion...
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAA AAAARWWWWWWW!

shawnandangel
01-28-2009, 11:39 AM
Oh Oh! I have one too:

Dear College,
Thank you for cancelling classes at your pre-school and k-12 school which is on the SAME campus as the college but not closing the college. I can see your reasoning. It is much too dangerous for people to be driving on the roads with children but it IS safe for an adult to drive their child to daycare/babysitter ect and then come to college. This makes complete sense! WOW! I am so stupid for thinking you would close school! It's not like it's snowing and the temp is dropping and it rained ALL last night. NO WORRIES!!!

I would also like to thank you for telling me it is my discretion whether or not I would like to risk my own life and come to school. Thank you! Please tell my professor who's policy it is that we cannot make up tests that I don't have to come in and she has to let me take the quiz at a later date. WHAT?! You can't tell her that? WHY? Because school WAS open and I COULD have come?

So, thank you school for making me make a decision about my safety or my grade in this class which directly reflects my ability to get into your highly competetive nursing program. I really appreciate your concern for your students safety. I'm so glad I choose a private catholic school that literally costs 8x more than a freakin state school so I could make these decisions. I guess the fact that almost every other college in Nashville closed wasn't a clue and you didn't take into consideration that you have a campus in which EVERY student commutes to your school.

Rainbows&Roses
01-29-2009, 01:31 AM
Each department in our high school had a calling tree and we were each responsible for calling 2 people on the list. It was even organized by distance from the school so that people who lived furthest were called first. Sounds like a good idea for your school.

DrSally
01-29-2009, 10:12 AM
Nice. Major oversight on their part! I'm sure the rest of the faculty felt exactly as you did and they heard about it!

kellyd
01-29-2009, 10:48 AM
I feel your pain. 3 years ago DH was supposed to get called by the principal. He lives over an hour from his school, so was the first person leaving in the morning to get there on time. Well AT LEAST 1/2 a dozen times he drove to school on increasingly bad roads because the principal FORGOT to call him, and the weather at our house was fine. Twice school actually wound up cancelled. He finally listened to me and if there was even the hint of bad weather would be checking out news sites before heading to the shower.
Thankfully that hasn't happened since they got a new principal!!