PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED: Path report from my surgery

Emmas Mom
01-28-2009, 11:45 AM
UPDATE: I got the left drain out!! WOO HOO!! He said the right will probably come out on Friday! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We got some more news Monday at my Oncologist office as she had received the Pathology report from my surgery. Bad news & good news but it doesn't really change my treatment. It seems the tumor they removed was 11cm, which took me from stage one to stage three!!! The good news is that they removed 12 lymph nodes and only two of the sentinel nodes were positive, so it had started to spread but hadn't gotten anywhere yet. My Chemo will begin on February 13th & I will most likely be having Radiation therapy after I'm done with my big chemo (approximately 18 weeks).

My recovery is going fairly well. I'm still tired & sore but feeling all-right. The worst thing is these drains are driving me NUTS! They don't really hurt but they are irritating & there is one literally coming out of each side of my body. I am going to my Plastic Surgeon's office today for a follow up & I believe he will be taking at least one of them out. The other is still draining more fluid than it should be (nothing serious though) so I'm almost positive he won't let me get that one out yet. Bummer. But I won't complain because only having one is better than two! We still have people bringing us dinner for the next couple nights & one of my sweet friends sent a cleaning lady over yesterday...YAY! My MIL has been here since last Friday & has been such a huge help, especially with the girls. And they have loved having Nana here. All in all I can't complain...ok, I could complain but it really would serve no purpose. Just, thank goodness for painkillers! :)

mommy111
01-28-2009, 11:48 AM
Rooting for you and for the drains to come out soon so that you can feel more like yourself soon! And yay for friends who send cleaning ladies :)

MamaMolly
01-28-2009, 11:49 AM
I can't say enough how much I appreciate you sharing your journey with us. And what a wonderful turn of events that they caught it, and removed it!!! before it had a chance to really spread.
Big hugs, we remember you in our prayers!!

o_mom
01-28-2009, 11:51 AM
Oh, that sucks. I hope the drains come out soon. :(

mamaoftwins
01-28-2009, 11:56 AM
Big :hug:! You're doing great! :cheerleader1: Thanks for keeping us posted, and hoping that those drains come out soon!

KBecks
01-28-2009, 11:57 AM
Thinking of you. I'm happy for you that you are getting further along w/treatment.

kijip
01-28-2009, 12:01 PM
:hug

Sorry it was more than expected but glad recovery is going well. Also really glad you have some help right now around the house.

brittone2
01-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Thinking of you and hoping you continue w/ a smooth recovery.
:hug5:

Ceepa
01-28-2009, 12:11 PM
Hang in there, Kristine! :hug:

KpbS
01-28-2009, 12:18 PM
So glad your recovery is going well. Hang in there and take it easy. :hug:

alexsmommy
01-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Thank goodness you caught it when you did. Everyone I know who has had this surgery says the drains SUCK. So sorry they are a pain - but glad your recovery in general is uneventful.

LarsMal
01-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Your positive attitude towards all of this continues to amaze me. I hope you get your tube out today, and the other one soon.

Best of luck to you through this journey. Many prayers and positive thoughts heading your way.

Sillygirl
01-28-2009, 12:44 PM
Make sure they're using tape friendly to your skin to fix the drains in place. So glad to hear of your strong support network. Sorry for the worse portions of your biopsy report, and best wishes for you to sail through the rest of treatment.

elephantmeg
01-28-2009, 12:58 PM
huge hugs, and will continue to pray for you. I hope you get your drains out ASAP!

MontrealMum
01-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Thinking about you, and hoping you get those uncomfy drains out soon! So glad to hear about all the wonderful help you have too, so you can focus on your recovery :)

pinkmomagain
01-28-2009, 02:02 PM
Thanks for taking the time to update us and sharing. Hope your recovery continues going well and that you get all the help you need.

SnuggleBuggles
01-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Thank you for sharing all of this with us. I am sorry the pathology report came out the way it did. Continued good wishes are coming your way.

Beth

niccig
01-28-2009, 02:08 PM
Glad you're getting the help you need, so you can just concentrate on getting better. Sorry about the drains, hopefully the doctor can do something to make them more comfortable, or even take them out.

JTsMom
01-28-2009, 02:11 PM
Thank goodness you caught it when you did Kristine! Hooray for the drain coming out today. Here's hoping the other one comes out soon too. :grouphug:

carolinamama
01-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Wishing you comfort and fast healing. Glad you have help - take it easy.

MamaKath
01-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Hang in there Kristine!!! :hug5:You are in my prayers, I am glad it is going so well. Rest and enjoy your girls. :)

DebbieJ
01-28-2009, 02:32 PM
oh yes, those drains are horrible. I hope you get them out soon. Yay for the extra help and cleaning lady! Take advantage of it and get some rest!

calv
01-28-2009, 02:38 PM
I haven't posted in a while but please know you have been and continue to be in my thoughts! You're amazing. {{{{{}}}}}

maestramommy
01-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Thanks for sharing your updates with us! And yay for great friends and family!:grouphug:

lisams
01-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Hoping you're able to get the second drain out soon. That's so good that it didn't spread - you must have caught it just in time.

Sending tons of positive thoughts and prayers that you continue to recover so well!

gatorsmom
01-28-2009, 03:39 PM
More p and pt coming your way. Keep up your positive attitude and keep letting us know how you are doing. I think of you often.

Btw, your prognosis does sound like good news. Sounds like you caught it just in time!

hardysmom
01-28-2009, 06:42 PM
I know we are not supposed to use strong language here, but if anything merits it, this does.

Kristine, crap. That just sucks. It ^**@-ing sucks.

I am so sorry it turned out to be bigger than expected. The number of nodes is good, all things considered.

I did rads right after chemo.

Hang in there. The world is a better place once those hideous drains come out.

Stephanie

Emmas Mom
01-28-2009, 11:10 PM
{{{Stephanie}}}

Thanks ladies! I got the left drain out!! Yay!!

elektra
01-28-2009, 11:30 PM
Hang in there! Glad to hear your drain is out!

shawnandangel
01-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Woohoo glad to hear you got your drain out and will probably get your other one out. Well, that is good news that it didn't get to spread anywhere! WOOHOO! We're all cheering for you! 18 weeks of chemo, and that means you'll be getting 18 weeks of prayers and positive thoughts from us and then some!

Keep up your positive attitude! You're doing amazing.