PDA

View Full Version : Is $49 a good price for Photoshop Elements?

jgenie
01-28-2009, 01:02 PM
I received this offer for Photoshop Elements (https://store1.adobe.com/cfusion/store/index.cfm?store=OLS-US&view=ols_prod&category=/SpecialPages/HPPhotoshopElements&promocode=HPJANNEWS08&sdid=EFBXZ#) from Snapfish. Is it a good deal?

neeter
01-28-2009, 01:08 PM
If its for Elements 7, then yes its a good deal. I think I saw it at Costco for around $79...? You might want to check the Costco.com website.

byek
01-28-2009, 01:17 PM
If its for Elements 7, then yes its a good deal. I think I saw it at Costco for around $79...? You might want to check the Costco.com website.

Oh, there was a coupon sale during the holidays for Photoshop Elements 7.0 at Costco. The price came out to be the price you are looking at now. Great deal!

Staraglimmer
01-28-2009, 01:23 PM
I saw this too. DO you need photoshop to use this? It seems to be a great price. I don't see it for less online.

Oregonmother
01-28-2009, 01:31 PM
I think it is a good price. I purchased it from Costco for $49 a month ago, they had a $30 off coupon.

Happy Mommy
01-29-2009, 12:57 AM
I bought this at Costo when they had the promotion as well ($50). We haven't yet used it. We have an older version of Photoshop and I can't seem to get a straight answer as to whether or not we should upgrade or not.

Sorry to hijack, but for those of you using Photoshop 7...what do you think? Worth upgrading? Anything particularly wonderful about this version? We really just use it for organization more than anything, but I would love to know if this is something I should keep or return.

Thanks!

jjordan
01-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Elements is not an upgrade from full photoshop. It is possible that elements 7 has some tools that photoshop 7 does not, but in general the full photoshop programs are more powerful.

khm
01-29-2009, 09:10 PM
I bought this at Costo when they had the promotion as well ($50). We haven't yet used it. We have an older version of Photoshop and I can't seem to get a straight answer as to whether or not we should upgrade or not.

Sorry to hijack, but for those of you using Photoshop 7...what do you think? Worth upgrading? Anything particularly wonderful about this version? We really just use it for organization more than anything, but I would love to know if this is something I should keep or return.

Thanks!

Photoshop and Photoshop Elements are two different things. Elements is a more "light", user-friendly version. It can't do everything photoshop can do, but can do a lot!

If you are talking about organizing, I'm not sure if you mean full-blown Photoshop 7 (like hundreds of dollars) or Elements 7......

For organization only, use Picasa from google. :) It's free and actually does a ton of basic edits. Totally awesome!! Can't recommend it enough. I have real full on photoshop and I know how to use it. Still, I find myself using Picasa a ton!!

Staraglimmer
01-30-2009, 01:58 AM
It is $79 at Sam's Club. HTH you decide.