PDA

View Full Version : Davinci Kalani/simplybabyfurniture.com

lynzroxy
01-28-2009, 04:58 PM
Hi!
I was wondering if anyone had the Davinci Kalani crib, dresser and/or hutch and their thoughts? I was looking at ordering from Simplybabyfurniture.com (comments or feedback on that site from anyone?). I saw that in the book Davinci was rated a C, is that mainly b/c its made from soft pine? Has anyone had an issue with this?
Or is there something similar in style that comes in Cherry that can be recomended?
thanks!!

bluestarfish18
01-28-2009, 05:46 PM
We have the Davinici/Million Dollar Baby Emily brib, which is exactly the same model, except for the bar in the front. We love love love our crib! It's nice, strong and sturdy, and was easy to assemble. Be aware that because it's made out of Asian Ash wood, it does scratch easily. But if you don't mind a few scratches later down the road from teeth, you'll love the crib.

I've seen them for as low as $250 in an AAFES catalog, but we got ours throug DirectBuy for $141.

awoodm
01-28-2009, 07:00 PM
We purchased the Davinci Kalani for DS2, and since he is only 7 weeks, he still hasn't slept in it(still in the co-sleeper in our room). I totally see the soft pine issue, the wood is very soft, but we haven't had any problems as of yet. I can imagine when he gets older and starts to chew we may have some issues, but right now it looks beautiful! It is extremely sturdy and seems well made. I ordered through Amazon when they had the registry diaper deal going on. I can't remember how much we paid now though. I think btwn $250-$300?

melrose7
01-29-2009, 12:17 AM
I also have the Emily crib from Amazon. I bought it 20 months ago and have been using it since DD2 was 6 weeks old. I love the look of the crib and it is very study. DD loves it and I was much happier with that $220 I spent than the over $300 I spent at a small baby store on a regular crib. DD doesn't bite it and we have had no sctraches in it and it has been used for 16 months. We got it in white so it looks dirty at times but cleans up great. One of the best baby purchases we made for baby #2.

lynzroxy
01-29-2009, 09:34 AM
thanks so much for your replies, this really helps to here feed back from people who have the product!