PDA

View Full Version : Not quite a Tripp Trapp What do you think?

Staraglimmer
01-28-2009, 05:40 PM
I am considering this http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=534089&cmSource=Search for my mom's house. Do you think that I should just suck it up and go with a real Tripp Trapp?

Here are my concerns:

-I don't want to buy another fisher price high chair, because I don't think that at this point we will get enough use to justify the purchace.

-I like the Tripp Trapp, but the price! (I know it will be worth it, but we are having to buy everything)....long story, complicated situation

-I like that this one has a try. DD likes to feed herself from her tray.....not ready for that mess at the table.

So what do you guys think?

brittone2
01-28-2009, 07:23 PM
I know some people ohave commented that they found the OSA chair a little tippy (it is like next to impossible to tip a Tripp Trapp/KZ. ). I don't know if this model was the same one, but it is something to consider. I know my DS used to try to put his foot on the table leg and push backward sometimes. It might have been the precursor that was tippy, but looking at the design, it does look like it *might* be tippy (but I honestly have no personal experience w/ this paritcular chair). I can tell you that the TT is almost impossible to tip though.

We had a KZ for DS, and then a Tipp Topp (similar idea, has a tray) for DD because it was cheaper. I wish I would have just gotten a Tripp Trapp. I find the finish on the Kettler chair much harder to clean for some reason, and we all prefer the KZ (now replaced w/ the Tripp Trapp). That doesn't really help you compare the Tripp Trapp vs. the OSA chair, but I thought I'd share my experience w/ going w/ the less expensive option.

Any chance you have an active Craigslist in your area and might be able to post an ISO ad for a Tripp Trapp just in case? I rarely see them on ours (and I really love stalking Craigslist) and ours is very active, but it might be worth a try before you buy either chair.

pastrygirl
01-28-2009, 07:25 PM
What about a Keekaroo (http://www.keekaroo.com/)? I have one and love it. I've never had a Tripp Trapp, but I wanted to save the money. If I had to do it over, I'd still get the Keekaroo.

Ceepa
01-28-2009, 08:52 PM
If it's for your mom's house and money is an issue then I wouldn't feel guilty about not getting a TT. I didn't realize the OSA one has a tray with an insert. That's nice.

Tondi G
01-28-2009, 10:21 PM
There is also the Hipposmile http://hipposmile.com/ourproducts.php

http://stores.ebay.com/hipposmile8589

PeppyParents
01-29-2009, 05:20 PM
We use the OSA Euro II for our extremely active toddler, and it's the first chair in which he doesn't constantly fidget. We can pull it right up to the table (which contains him well from the front).

The one issue we had was with the pad, which split at a seam immediately. OSA replaced it, but it doesn't seem to have as good quality as the rest of the chair.

We've never had a problem with it being tippy, and our son is the guy who would have been knocking it over.

I'm happy overall with the purchase.

mariza
01-30-2009, 11:19 PM
I agree with Pastrygirl, get the keekaroo! I've had the Hipposmile, had to send it back becasue the slats were not lined up correctly and the chair was wobbly. I now have the OSA chair (but not the tray) You have to have the baby bar attached in order to use the tray and my son was too chubby to fit in the chair with the baby bar attached.
We never had problems with it being tippy, but I know others have.
I like the OSA chair enough, but for the price of the chair with the tray I would get the keekaroo, I totally regret NOT getting it!

Drag0nflygirl
01-31-2009, 07:49 PM
I have the OSA and I like it alot. It's not tippy in the least. However, and this can be seen as a positive or a negative, DD can not get off to the side because of its shape. With the TT and keekaroo she would be able to. I would go with the keekaroo.

brittone2
01-31-2009, 08:47 PM
nak-
rereading this...I didn't see it was for your mom's house. I would probably opt for a cheaper chair than a Tripp Trapp unless you think your child will use it a lot. I think the cost to benefit situation is a little different if it isn't something that will be used for multiple meals a day.

I do love our TT though and if $ is not a concern, then I think it is an awesome chair. It was expensive for us (well, the KZ since we don't have a TT) but it has gotten so much use it has been well worth it.

mommyapb
02-03-2009, 04:39 PM
We have the OSA chair for DD & I have to say that the quality is fair at best. The chair has fallen apart a number of times....the pad tore apart within weeks of use. The whol eidea is great but the quality is lacking.

That said, for your mom's house and occassional use it may work just fine. We are planning to take this hunk of junk to my parents' house & buy something better for DD & the new baby when he needs it.

HTH

Amelia
DD 3/06
DS due 3/09