PDA

View Full Version : WWYD - schedule conflict

firstbaby
01-28-2009, 07:48 PM
DS1 goes to preschool on Fridays and while he is there, I take DS2 to a tumbling class. Both boys love their "special" activity. I just found out that DS1's preschool class is going on a field trip to a local pizza place on Friday while DS2 has tumbling. Darn it! I could bring DS2 to the field trip or DS1 could go with to tumbling class - but can't do both as the times overlap. DS1 won't miss anything at school that day as the field trip is the only activity, but I hate having to make the choice. Even though I pay for preschool and the tumbling class, the tumbling class session isn't very long and I know DS2 would miss it. WWYD?

belovedgandp
01-28-2009, 07:56 PM
What's the make-up policy for the tumbling class? Most of the weekly classes I pay for have make-ups available (gymnastics, Gymboree).

I'd do the field trip just because that's a more unique opportunity for both kids.

caleymama
01-28-2009, 07:57 PM
I would let DS1 go on the field trip. My thinking is that one - it's for preschool, two - he's older (will probably remember more about either going or missing it than DS2 would about tumbling), three - it's a field trip (cool!) and a good experience . . . Not saying that DS2's class isn't important to you or him, or that he won't miss it, but in my mind preschool would trump an "extra" type activity in this instance.

In the long run, though, I don't really think it matters one way or the other.

SnuggleBuggles
01-28-2009, 08:22 PM
What's the make-up policy for the tumbling class? Most of the weekly classes I pay for have make-ups available (gymnastics, Gymboree).

I'd do the field trip just because that's a more unique opportunity for both kids.

My thoughts exactly. If you can make up the class then do the field trip.

Beth

kransden
01-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Isn't there some other mom that could take one of your sons to the activity they would be missing? I know that I would do that for someone if they needed it.