PDA

View Full Version : Found some new children's music that I like...

vludmilla
01-28-2009, 09:45 PM
and I wanted to share in case anyone wants to check it out. It's Elizabeth Mitchell. She has a CD called You are my Sunshine. We borrowed it from our local library and it is really lovely, peaceful kids music. It is really easy to listen to as an adult and yet DD who is 28 months old really loves it and can sing along to some songs.

Anyway, I don't remember seeing anyone post about her so I thought I'd mention it.

DD has also been loving Laurie Berkner's Buzz Buzz a LOT and it was this board that put me on to it so thanks, everyone!

Victoria

Fairy
01-28-2009, 09:53 PM
Laurie's "Under a Shady Tree" and her most recent "Rocketship Run" are also great. I like them better than Buzz, actually.

Another great childrens artest that I just discovered is Kelsey Friday and the Rest of the Week --> http://www.kelseyfriday.net/audio.htm. Love "The Afraid Parade" song and video. I'm lovin' this girl.

-- Fairy

trales
01-28-2009, 09:56 PM
I love Elizabeth Mitchell, I also discovered her at the library. I could listen for hours. Too bad DD wants me to play the big ship sails and twinkle twinkle over and over and over again.

neeleymartin
01-28-2009, 10:26 PM
if you like elizabeth mitchell, you will likely also love frances england. sooo good.

go to cdbaby.com. cool independent musician website. many knowns but some not so known. if you search for a musician you like, it will recommend gobs of other you may also like. i have found countless awesome cd's this way.

check out elizabeth mitchells other two cds as well. they are all tdf!!

cleo27
01-28-2009, 11:20 PM
and I wanted to share in case anyone wants to check it out. It's Elizabeth Mitchell. She has a CD called You are my Sunshine. We borrowed it from our local library and it is really lovely, peaceful kids music. It is really easy to listen to as an adult and yet DD who is 28 months old really loves it and can sing along to some songs.

Anyway, I don't remember seeing anyone post about her so I thought I'd mention it.

DD has also been loving Laurie Berkner's Buzz Buzz a LOT and it was this board that put me on to it so thanks, everyone!

Victoria

I'll second this! Love Elizabeth Mitchell's cd "You Are My Sunshine". It is really nice. We got it a few weeks ago and DD has been enjoying it as bedtime music and also turns it on sometimes when playing in her room. I plan to buy her other ones soon.

american_mama
01-29-2009, 02:57 AM
how funny... I have less musical knowledge or preferences than anyone I know, but I too checked out an Elizabeth Mitchell CD from the library (it was "You Are My Little Bird"). I liked her voice too, although some of the songs on that CD bore me. Her song "Liza Jane" IS very good, and instantly reminded me of our own BBB lizajane, so how fitting that I have a reason to mention that here.

pastrygirl
01-29-2009, 09:27 AM
Elizabeth Mitchell is my favorite for kids music! I recommend her CDs to everyone. She has a CD with Lisa Loeb that I'd like to pick up at some point, though I'm not sure if it's a kid CD or not.

DrSally
01-29-2009, 10:01 AM
I really like Elizabeth Mitchell too, esp. for myself. DS isn't too into it actually, but I like it when I want something nice and peaceful.

clb
01-29-2009, 10:12 AM
We also like Elizabeth Mitchell.

The one with Lisa Loeb is "Catch the Moon". It is a kid's CD too.

1964pandora
01-29-2009, 10:48 AM
Thanks so much for posting this. We needed some new music!