PDA

View Full Version : So TOTALLY confused!!!

tnrnchick74
01-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Ok guys. I LOVE my Whizz, but have found the need recently for a 2nd stroller, preferably something lightweight. The Whizz is great for the zoo, a hard day at the mall or flea market but not so good for the short trips, quick shopping, or anywhere the aisles are narrow.

I have NO clue what to get! I want something "cool", lightweight (less than 16 lbs), and not too $$$. And when I say "cool", something slightly different than the Whizz. My price range is around $200, though if the stroller is PERFECT I might be willing to spend a little more.

DS is a BIG kiddo (currently 20 lbs, 30 inches long at 8 months...something that would last awhile would be great)- he does occassionally sleep in the stroller, though not completely flat. A nice sunshade is important as I live in FL, but not a deal breaker as this will primarily be an indoor stroller/short trip outside. Things that are SUPER important are the steering, tippiness, and decent basket. My Mom & I are the primary users - we are both about 5'6" with long legs.

I use the JJB packabee as my "main" bag, so it needs to be good at holding a fully loaded one using the Be Connected. I also have become spoiled by my Whizz's steering, so it needs to handle GREAT.

The random list of strollers on the list to look at - PLEASE add to my list and give pros/cons to any if you can!:

-SC Dazzle or Pop
-Zooper Twist
-Dream Designed Park Ave - but I can't find info about the weight
-Quinny Zapp - but not sure if I can do without ANY recline (I WISH I could afford a Buzz!!!)
-Uppa Baby G-luxe - kinda ho hum looking
-Mac Quest - again, kinda ho hum
-Joovy Groove - but kinda on the heavy side
-Britax Vigour - nevermind...I see how heavy it is! Thanks for pointing that one out!

Thanks for taking the time to read this and to help me make a decision!

edurnemk
01-28-2009, 11:07 PM
I wouldn't consider the Britax Vigour a lightweight stroller, it's actually close to 30 lbs. Maybe you're thinking of another model?
I like the Zapp too but hate the lack of recline (the Buzz is also heavy and has a super wide base, BTW, not a good mall and quick trip stroller)

I heard Zooper was going out of business, so I dont' know what would happen to warranties and customer service.

The only other on your list that I know is the Maclaren, which eeeeveryone has. But it supposedely handles very nicely (for an umbrella).

MamaKath
01-28-2009, 11:12 PM
I would knock off the Park Ave. It is a full size model and pretty similar to the Whizz. I'd also drop the G-luxe and the Britax, neither is worth the $ imo.

The SC Pop is on Shnoop for a great price, so if price is an issue I would snatch one of them up.

What about a BJ City Mini? Great little quick trip with an easy fold, cute look?

Otherwise I would look at the Quest. There are some really cute patterns (more pricey) but many come up on ebay if you watch pretty close. Out of all of those, I think the Mac would be what gets used most in the longterm, especially with its high weight limit.

tnrnchick74
01-28-2009, 11:13 PM
I wouldn't consider the Britax Vigour a lightweight stroller, it's actually close to 30 lbs. Maybe you're thinking of another model?
I like the Zapp too but hate the lack of recline (the Buzz is also heavy and has a super wide base, BTW, not a good mall and quick trip stroller)

I heard Zooper was going out of business, so I dont' know what would happen to warranties and customer service.

The only other on your list that I know is the Maclaren, which eeeeveryone has. But it supposedely handles very nicely (for an umbrella).

Thanks! I didn't see the weight on the other site I was looking at for the Britax stroller. That crosses it off my list!

I'm really trying to decide if I need recline on this stroller. If not, then the Zapp is at the top. I LOVE the way it looks & I've seen it in person, in action, at the mall! I also think DS would like the higher seat in the Zapp. Actually, sitting upright is REALLY good for his reflux!

meme9300
01-30-2009, 09:01 AM
If you don't want a recline, you might consider a micralite fastfold

AnnieW625
01-30-2009, 12:12 PM
I'd go with a Maclaren because they have the higher weight limits. We have a Triumph which has been DD's main stroller since she was 3 mos. old. The Quest is nicer and has a better recline, which might be nicer once DS gets over his reflux and can actually rest in his stroller. The Macs handle wonderfully and are great for everything from airport/train travel to the mall. Not great for long walks, but otherwise I heart my MAC and would be lost without it!

essence
01-30-2009, 12:58 PM
look at the spider by Musty.

MontrealMum
01-30-2009, 10:46 PM
We considered the Zapp until we saw it in person - it is not for tallish people (I am 5"7' - so only an inch taller than you) or for tall kids (DS is 97% percentile in height). We have a Mac Quest (I am on the upper end of being comfortable pushing this) and I don't know if that's your perfect 2nd stroller or not so I won't recommend it since I am not familiar with the others on your list, but I would seriously reconsider the Zapp in your position.

I will add, though, that when we were looking for a cheaper stroller to leave at my mom's house the only umbrella with a higher weight limit was a Mac (we got a Volo). Of course, I was limited as to the sites I could buy from with a Can. credit card (Target, and BRU) so that had an effect on the strollers that I considered, but Macs do have a high weight limit.

cath_b
02-04-2009, 08:40 PM
I wouldn't consider the Britax Vigour a

Last I heard (09/08), Zooper is not closing. Read it here (http://baby411.typepad.com/babybargains/2008/09/zooper-strollers-calls-it-quits.html).