PDA

View Full Version : Please help me find my perfect bag!

tallylassie
01-29-2009, 12:30 AM
I have a 5 month old son and currently carry a JJCole diaper bag. It's not big enough and the tall and narrow configuration doesn't work for me... I feel like I'm digging. I carry cloth diapers, a ring sling, some toys, and then small items such as infant Tylenol and stain remover; if DS is going to the sitter he'll also have bottles. I prefer a nice wide opening secured by zipper or magnet; I'm not a fan of flaps or velcro. I really need a light interior color to make it easy to find things, esp. since DH and our parents use the bag, too. Because I carry so much stuff a light weight would be awesome. I love the Ju Ju Be offerings but can't imagine paying more than $100 for a diaper bag. One thing that isn't too important to me is lots of interior pockets. Thanks in advance for letting me know if anything comes to mind!

salsah
01-29-2009, 12:44 AM
first thing that comes to mind is the oi oi hobo. it holds a lot, has a wide zip top closure, lightweight, light colored interior, no flaps or velcro, two side bottle pockets and three roomy interior pockets (one large pocket, the same height and width of the bag, and two smaller pockets that are each half the size of the large pocket).

cndnveggie
01-29-2009, 12:44 AM
Go visit the Pink Room on the JJB website (http://www.ju-ju-be.com/PinkRoom/) - they have a for sale or trade section, and you can usually find a great deal on a JJB in excellent used condition.

I too never thought I'd spend a lot on a diaper bag, but I finally caved and bought a JJB, and I LOVE it! I bought a Between, which sounds a lot like what you're looking for. It's on the smaller side, so it might not be quite big enough for you, but my solution was to leave a lot of the extra stuff I was carrying in another bag in the car (like extra cloth diapers, extra change of clothes) so that I'm only carrying a few cloth diapers and one change of clothes in my bag, and the rest is in the car.

Otherwise, I think a lot of people are finding good bags at Target, so you might find something there :)

Good luck!

tallylassie
01-30-2009, 12:29 AM
I have decided on a BeAll and am cruising the FSOT board in the Pink Room for deals. Thanks for your help!