PDA

View Full Version : Beyonce's "If I were a boy"

veronica
01-29-2009, 08:43 AM
I just don't get this song. while I understand the lyrics, she sounds ridiculous repeatedly singing "If I were a boy...."

GIVE IT UP, YOU ARE A BOOTILICIOUS GIRL-SONG OVER!

Melaine
01-29-2009, 09:22 AM
ITA, I guess they are running out of clever lyrics.

alexsmommy
01-29-2009, 10:17 AM
My 15.5 y/o DSD loves this song.
I think as we age, our tolerance for bad lyrics wanes. It's a great hook if you are 15 though.

KrystalS
01-29-2009, 12:17 PM
Anytime this song comes on in the car I change it but DD of course has heard a few of the lyrics. Everytime she hears it she tells me "Oh mom its that song where the girl wants to be a boy, I just don't know why she would want to do that!"

Wife_and_mommy
01-29-2009, 01:20 PM
Everytime she hears it she tells me "Oh mom its that song where the girl wants to be a boy, I just don't know why she would want to do that!"

:ROTFLMAO:

My DD was just saying this a.m. she wants to be a boy so she doesn't have to have her hair pulled while it's being brushed.

infomama
01-29-2009, 02:48 PM
ITA..that song is so strange

LexyLou
01-29-2009, 03:02 PM
I totally thought it was Fergie when I heard it. It's such a Fergie type song. I was shocked when I found out it was Beyonce. Lame song.

egfmba
01-29-2009, 11:20 PM
Awww, come on! The song is about how boys just love you and leave you and break your heart! I used to think, "Seriously?!? If you were a boy?" But then I listened to the lyrics and it's a sad song about how if she were a boy, she wouldn't treat girls the way her guy's treating her. She wouldn't cheat, lie, neglect or hurt a girl the way he's hurt her.

And then she basically says, "You wouldn't understand, though, 'cause you're just a guy."

It's not that bad when you think about it. It's more a sad, plaintive song that expresses hurt.

eva