PDA

View Full Version : School Open House-To Go or Not

Sugar Magnolia
01-29-2009, 11:16 AM
We have all been sick since Sunday. Ds1 went back to school yesterday and ds2 will go today. No one is feeling 100% and all dc were asleep by 6;30 last night! Not to mention, dh has been out of town since Saturday.

The boys school has open house tonight from 7-8. I really can not decide if we should go or not. Since dh is gone, I will have to bring all 3 kids.

Is it more important to attend or to make sure everyone gets a good night sleep (they slept until 7 this morning)?

TIA!

Twoboos
01-29-2009, 11:19 AM
Stay home! especially to limit your exposure to all those people while you're there. Getting everyone back on track and healthy is more important, IMO.

SnuggleBuggles
01-29-2009, 11:39 AM
I'd have to see how everyone was feeling later today. Open house can be a big deal to kids and they would be really sad if they had to miss it so you might want to factor that in if you are on the fence. I'm of the opinion that an occasional light bedtime is ok but that takes into account healthy kids.

Beth

Sugar Magnolia
01-29-2009, 12:02 PM
That's exactly why I can't decide.

I know ds1 is excited and if we were all healthy we would be going without a doubt.

Another thing to factor in is a girl at school had a brain tumor removed last month.
She won't be there, but her siblings will.

deannanb
01-29-2009, 12:46 PM
I would skip it -
can you go to the classroom today after school and look at the projects that you would see tonight? - have your own private open house

I'm sure the teacher will have most projects ready for display so she can take a short break before coming back to school tonight.