PDA

View Full Version : Thanks a lot, "Friend" on Facebook

MMMommy
01-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Thank you Facebook "Friend" from high school that I haven't been in touch with since 1990. Thank you for asking me to be "your friend." I was stupid to approve the friend request. Now you have gone and posted embarrassing pictures of me from high school. Of course I want all the people I know on Facebook to see my horrible Senior high school picture with my dated, heinous hairdo and unplucked eyebrows. Of course I want everyone to see my prom picture with my psycho, crazy, stalker ex-boyfriend whom I do not want any contact with whatsoever. You should have gotten the hint when I told you to remove the prom picture that I obviously don't want you to be posting pictures of me on the web.

Thanks a lot.

tmonroe
01-29-2009, 12:57 PM
That sucks. Sorry. This is one of the issues I have with facebook. Was her posting it part of her being passive-aggressive? Are you willing to ask her to NOT post any pictures of you.

Wife_and_mommy
01-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Ugh. I'd send a kind email asking her to remove all the pics of you. If she has any manners at all, she'll gladly do it and apologize for posting them.

I had a preschool mom send out pics to the class from a party we had. In one I was leaning over and the shirt didn't fit well....I sent an email to her. She claimed to not even have noticed which I'm glad of but it was still embarassing.

Sorry you're being treated so thoughtlessly.

alirebco
01-29-2009, 01:08 PM
That stinks! If you are tagged in the photos though, you can untag yourself and that way only her friends can see them and people who don't know what you looked like back then won't know it is you.

MMMommy
01-29-2009, 01:17 PM
It's actually a guy from high school who is the so-called Facebook "friend." And by "friend," I use that term loosely. I had already emailed him asking him to remove the prom picture b/c of safety/security issues b/c of the crazy ex-boyfriend. So I really didn't think he would post more pics up. But obviously I was wrong. I just sent him a message saying "No more pictures of me, please!"

He will think I'm a humorless shrew.

tmonroe
01-29-2009, 01:49 PM
It's actually a guy from high school who is the so-called Facebook "friend." And by "friend," I use that term loosely. I had already emailed him asking him to remove the prom picture b/c of safety/security issues b/c of the crazy ex-boyfriend. So I really didn't think he would post more pics up. But obviously I was wrong. I just sent him a message saying "No more pictures of me, please!"

I hope he moves the pics fast. Some people are unfortunately clueless.

Laurel
01-29-2009, 01:53 PM
That stinks! If you are tagged in the photos though, you can untag yourself and that way only her friends can see them and people who don't know what you looked like back then won't know it is you.

This. De-tag yourself asap!

deenass
01-29-2009, 02:10 PM
Had you not "friended" him, you likely would have never known that your pic was up. Anyone can post a pic of you, regardless of whether or not they have "friended" you.

At least this way you know it's there and can "de-tag" yourself.

Ceepa
01-29-2009, 04:05 PM
Ugh, Facebook.

HGraceMom
01-29-2009, 05:47 PM
untag, then unfriend!

tarabenet
01-29-2009, 07:02 PM

Who cares? You have already figured out he is a tasteless fool. Shame on him.

ahrimie
01-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Yeah, unfriend him!!