PDA

View Full Version : Urgent help needed please!!!

drvns
01-29-2009, 03:30 PM
Hello everyone

I am new here and I desperately need help and need it FAST!! I am travelling with my dad and my 10 month baby soon by flight and its going to be a really LOOONG flight, its an 18 hr flight with 4 stopovers and waiting time of about 3 to 5 hrs in each.I really need help in finding the best diaper bag for this flight.I am in search of a decently large bag which can be allowed on flight and which can hold all the baby stuff, his clothes, blankets, diapers needed enough for the journey, wipes, milk powder, baby feeding bottles, and baby food which I am carrying in jar along with cereal, baby container, bibs and spoons.Please do help me, I am very upset as I really worried about organising all this stuff for one flight with a fidgety baby.Also I am already packing a carry on case with all the extra baby food in case I run out of something and hence I really need a large enough bag which can fit all this but still should not be rejected by the airlines.Can somebody give me suggestions? I dont want the backpack but am looking for something I can hang on my shoulder like a bag for easy access.

I appreciate all the help, thanks so much

SnuggleBuggles
01-29-2009, 11:22 PM
I would recommend any large bag and then pack smaller bags in there so you can easily pull out a small bag that has the toys, food, diapers... It will mean less digging through to find what you want. If you are organized it doesn't have to be huge. Try and consolidate things too like instead of packing a box of cereal pack the cereal in a ziploc bag because it will fit around things better. It would be great if you could wash the bottles and bowls on the plane too so you don't have to carry as many. Simply rinsing them (especially the bowls) could be sufficient. Ask the flight attendants for help or use bathroom soap. Just a thought.

Also, don't rule out a backpack. When traveling I always find them easier because there is no chance of it slipping off your shoulder and you won't be off balance. I've tried it lots of ways and that method really is the most mom friendly b/c it frees you up more.

GL on the flight!
Beth